Lowrance Elite 5 with Navionics NA maps HELP!!

theFREEhoudini

Recruit
We installed a Lowrance Elite 5 on my friends boat. Put the Navionics marine north America chip in and are trying to set the gps up so that when we turn it on it loads the "Navionics Coastal Canada" maps instead of "Navionics Coastal" maps.. We clicked chart than change chart data to "navionics Coastal Canada" than power down the GPS and turn it back on.. and it loads up on "Navionics Coastal" maps.. ANY HELP Would be great thanks.

photo.jpg

chrisw64

Cadet
Re: Lowrance Elite 5 with Navionics NA maps HELP!!

I am having the same problem with the correct maps loading. I am waiting for a reply from Lowrance on how to stop the unit from reseting to factory defaults after every start up. I will post with a response.

chrisw64

Cadet

So I got a fix from lowrance that worked. After the power down remove the chip and delete the update and then re insert. The settings should be saved. I had to go to the lowrance website to make sure I deleted the corrects ones. The update came out last year and you should have put it on your card. Hopefully this helps.

mrchev

Petty Officer 2nd Class

i bought the same one . it came with the card in a gold bundle. When i go into the coastal Canada or inland one it looks like the base map. but if i go into the coastal then i get the upgraded map. Each time i turn it on, i have to change it to read the card not the base map.

chrisw64

Cadet

You never downloaded the update onto the card? I don't have to change the map when I power up anymore.

mrchev

Petty Officer 2nd Class

when i go to navionics it says i have to upgrade for $99 dollars to navionics plus, because the card came as a bundle with the unit.