Lower unit appears to be stuck in forward on my 90 HP FORCE

rlouns

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Lower unit appears to be stuck in forward on my 90 HP FORCE

Internet explorer worked perfectly.<br /><br />Thank you for that information. Now I need to find out <br />whether or not it is 3 or 6 jaw reverse. ;) <br /><br />I will check that when I get it off. ;)

rlouns

Petty Officer 2nd Class

well I did not get to it this weekend. I pulled a muscle in my side and that put me out of commission for a while. :eek:

KCLOST

Commander

Well, that sucks....<br /><br />Hope you get to feeling better soon, keep us informed...

rlouns

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks KCLOST,<br /><br />I wound up in the hospital Monday night/Tuesday morning. It turns out that I had pleuricy (pleuritic chest pain) <br />cause unknown and the only thing that they do is pain management (and that really sucks). <br /><br />Anyway I have recovered enough to check out the 3 screws on the L/U. the 2 at the top - left one reads VENT <br />the right one reads OIL LEVEL - I can not find anything about it holding the shifter. The right one is right below <br />the shift shaft entry hole into the L/U. So hopefully tomorrow I can drop the L/U again and play with it one more (2 or 3) time (s). ;)

rlouns

Petty Officer 2nd Class

;)

brianvolt7

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Help, My unit's stuck!!!!

Re: Help, My unit's stuck!!!!

I have a 1990 force 120 hp stuck in forward. I had started a thread a week ago about this matter and got some excellent advice but it did not work out. Since then I have read over a hundred posts on this same subject. Motor worked perfect, changed water pump and now its stuck in forward. Does anyone have the answer? I used the actual drain hole on the bottom of the motor not the shifter screw to drain the oil. The lower unit slid back on like a hot knife through butter, with a little jiggling. I got a quote for $460.00 to rebuild and more if it needs shimmed (whatever that is). Has anyone had this problem and been able to fix it?