Lower Susquehanna

Blue Crabber

Ensign
Re: Lower Susquehanna

Think that I say one flying around today! (We were cruising through the area) They are neat to watch.

John, you mean Turkey Point at Lake Clarke right?

john3931

Petty Officer 1st Class

Think that I say one flying around today! (We were cruising through the area) They are neat to watch.

John, you mean Turkey Point at Lake Clarke right?

Yes.

I really want to get my mom and dad out on the river. My mom would love to watch the eagles. She is pretty much homebound.

Blue Crabber

Ensign

We were down at the bay yesterday watching 2 eagles soar around, they are really neat to watch!

I hope that you can find a way to get your parents out!! I am sure that she would love it!!!

john3931

Petty Officer 1st Class

The hard part now is scheduling. With 2 girls in 2 different colleges and a son in high school, playing in the band. What weekend?:)

john3931

Petty Officer 1st Class

I am starting to watch the weather for Sat. afternoon. So far doesn't look good. Wife and I are thinking of packing a late lunch and heading out for a peaceful time on the river.
Has to be her idea. It's her b-day. lol

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

I'm going to be fishing on Lake Marburg so I hope the rain holds off. I'll also be seeing how well my boat moves being propelled by my 4HP kicker (20HP limit lake).

singinout

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hey this is a great thread! Filled me in a bit on some info on the Susquehannah. The only part I've ever been on is Long Level. Haven't had my boat down there yet. Wish I lived closer to water! Long Level is prolly the closest but I still have an hour and a half there. Pa really laks on water options!

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

You've got Raystown though! That's a pretty darn nice option. But yeah, PA isn't exactly land of 1000 lakes.

mickjetblue

Chief Petty Officer

So, what's the scoop on Drumore? I saw a boat launch on the PA maps at Drumore,
and tried to find it. No luck at finding a boat launch there, and it looked like a small
ghost town with only a few river cottages. A kayaker told me that there used to be a
boat launch there awhile back, but no more.

He said the Muddy Creek launch was the place to use for a boat launch.
Still can't help but wonder about that little ghost town of Drumore...

singinout

Petty Officer 1st Class

You've got Raystown though! That's a pretty darn nice option. But yeah, PA isn't exactly land of 1000 lakes.

Yeah...I would have 1 3/4 hr - 2 hrs out there too. Never actually been on that lake. Heard mixed reports on it. Guess I should go check it out for myself sometime. Just wish there was something nice within an hour of my place.

bowman316

Lieutenant Commander

what is the water temp above the conawingo danm? it is about 65 degrees below the damn. I guess it will be colder above the danm, consdering how cold the weather has been latley.

Blue Crabber

Ensign

Just realized that I haven't check this thread for awhile.

Bowman - Not sure that it matter anymore, but Safe Harbour Power Corporation is reporting that the water at the dam is 62.89 degrees right now.

john3931

Petty Officer 1st Class

Beautiful day!!!
I think I am going to go for a dip.
NOT!!!!!:)

canary

Recruit

Yeah...I would have 1 3/4 hr - 2 hrs out there too. Never actually been on that lake. Heard mixed reports on it. Guess I should go check it out for myself sometime. Just wish there was something nice within an hour of my place.

You also may want to check out Deep Creek Lake out in western Md.

bowman316

Lieutenant Commander

the water temp was 49 degrees is the bush river the other day. Wow, those temps took a nose dive!

john3931

Petty Officer 1st Class

I am hoping the weather is decent this weekend. I want to take a run to make sure that the boat is up to snuff for the Chesapeake foliage cruise.
Actually I want to get the boat a little straighter on the trailer.:D

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

I'm going to be on Lake Clarke this afternoon. Hopefully we'll be moving in a forward direction at a decent rate of speed and not sinking..... Yep we're trying out the "new" project boat before I tear it apart :)

The weather for the weekend does not look good. I had mentioned to my boss that I wanted to try out the boat before I tore into it. He suggested I take this afternoon off!

Blue Crabber

Ensign

I need a boss like yours!

Hope everything goes well for you this afternoon, you should have a beautiful day for it anyway.

Blue Crabber

Ensign

I'm going to be on Lake Clarke this afternoon. Hopefully we'll be moving in a forward direction at a decent rate of speed and not sinking..... Yep we're trying out the "new" project boat before I tear it apart :)

Update???????? :)