Looking for seating ideas

cjdeaton

Cadet
I'm looking for ideas on seating for my 18' Starcraft. I have the original fold out seats, but want something that I can store stuff in underneath the seats. Also, I don't need or want to use up the space of the back to back seats.

Stachi

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Looking for seating ideas

A picture of the layout of your boat is your best bet for good advice. Take a pic of your interior from as high up from your stern as you can safely manage. Give us an idea of what you have to work with.... ;)

chriscraft254

Commander

X2 I have an idea for you but have no idea what your working with. Post some pics.
A picture of the layout of your boat is your best bet for good advice. Take a pic of your interior from as high up from your stern as you can safely manage. Give us an idea of what you have to work with.... ;)

zopperman

Lieutenant Commander

maybe jump seats or bucket seats on top of storage boxes instead of on swivels...

cjdeaton

Cadet

Here is the before and after shots of the boat. As you can see, it's wide open now for ideas. I've thought about building a seat base with a hinged lid that a seat would mount to and use the base as storage. If anyone has done something like this, advice and pictures would be appreciated.

Attachments

• The Boat 108 (3).jpg
    The Boat 108 (3).jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 0
  • The Boat 004.jpg
    The Boat 004.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 0

cjdeaton

Cadet

alligatorgars, that thar's nice, except there's no cup holders.

RandyJ

Master Chief Petty Officer

The way I did it was to just build a base with hinged seat. I made cushions that can attach to velcro to keep them from sliding around or blowing out. That is definitely a problem on boats while trailering. On my pontoon I did the same and made the base so that it slides out and the back slides down to lay flat to make a bed for camping/lounging....big enough for 2 people.

Quick3201

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I have the same problem, please post your solution.

MichaelP

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I mounted my seats on boxes and the seats are hinged swing forward to access the inside.

Attachments

• DSCF0840.JPG
    DSCF0840.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCF0844.JPG
    DSCF0844.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 0

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

How are you going to use the boat. Cruisin or Fishing and Working. If Crusin then build some bench seats. Fishing and Working then go with pedestals. Thats my 2? worth.