Looking for advise on Reinell

perk40cu

Cadet
I am looking for a boat (first time buyer) I have come across a couple of reinells in my price range. Both are brxl models. On is a '92 196 brxl w/ a 5.7 omc. The other is listed as a 19' brxl 1994 w/ 5.0 omc. I understand that these are the same as a Volvo Penta. My question is are Reinell's good boats? The boat will be a family boat. My four boys are ages 7 mo to 8 yrs old. I ski and would like them to learn. They like to trout fish so it might get some use for fishing as well. I ski but am not to picky about what I ski behind. For the last ten years I have been lucky to ski once a year. We currently live in wa state. We will use the boat primarily on lakes and larger rivers.

I appreciate your advice

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral
Re: Looking for advise on Reinell

There is nothing wrong with Reinell's they are a quality boat, HOWEVER you should consider the overall condition of the boat at that age more then any other factor, a horse terd is a horse terd no matter if its a Crownline, Cobalt or Bayliner, Poor maintenance and care over a boats lifetime comes in all makes, look at the owner of the boat before you look at the boat, you want the guy that adores his baby and really doesn't want to let her go, that is your boat. Do not get to focused on a certain brand, look for the best maintained boat in your price range. You MUST use this ideology in any used boat.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

I understand that these are the same as a Volvo Penta.

You better verify the heck out of that. Also, I was under the impression that Reinell's were lower middle quality boats. Although current condition is all that matters in an early 90's boat.

Bondo

Staff member

I am looking for a boat (first time buyer) I have come across a couple of reinells in my price range. Both are brxl models. On is a '92 196 brxl w/ a 5.7 omc. The other is listed as a 19' brxl 1994 w/ 5.0 omc. I understand that these are the same as a Volvo Penta. My question is are Reinell's good boats? The boat will be a family boat. My four boys are ages 7 mo to 8 yrs old. I ski and would like them to learn. They like to trout fish so it might get some use for fishing as well. I ski but am not to picky about what I ski behind. For the last ten years I have been lucky to ski once a year. We currently live in wa state. We will use the boat primarily on lakes and larger rivers.

I appreciate your advice

Ayuh,.... OMC has been outa business for Years,....

Find some other boats to look at....

JimS123

Fleet Admiral

Reinells are on the cheep side. OMC is not a Volvo. Even if it was, Volvo's of that era weren't the best either.