Looking for a pole eyelet source?

OhioLowell

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hello all!

I have a 10' surf pole that I use for catfishing. The pole is in great shape, but I busted the ceramic out of the eyelet on the tip. I worry that the bare metal may cut the line under a load. I've looked all over for eyelets but the only ones I can find are for bass rods. On all of them the rod shank part of the eyelet is too small. The end of this rod is larger diameter than a bass pole.

Thanks in advance!
Lowell

OhioLowell

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Looking for a pole eyelet source?

Thanks FLATHEAD! I fished around on the net yesterday and came up empty. I did order a few catalogs though. I'll add the link to my favorites.

Today I was at Bass Pro and I did find an eyelet that looks like it will work. Last time I was there they only had a limited few but this trip they had several different shapes and sizes.

Any pointers on removing the old eyelet? I don't have a clue as how to accomplish this.

Thanks for all the help!
Lowell

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

http://www.jannsnetcraft.com/fishing-rod-tops/

The Pacific Bay brand goes all the way up to 10 mm diameter.
They even have the heavy duty roller type.

Or go to cabelas and search for "tip top".

They are sold by diameter, in millimeters.

While most guides on the rod are attached with epoxy, The tip tops are usually attached with a heat sensitive glue.

So heat it up with a hair dryer, and give it a twist.

OhioLowell

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Got the new one on!

I heated the old eye with a lighter and viola it came right off! I used some hot glue to fasten the new one. I'll let you all know if I cast it back off the end the first time out! LOL

Lowell