Looking at getting a new Trolling Motor for next season..

DarthVader

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hello everyone,

I need some help on choosing the correct trolling motor for next year fishing season,I can not afford one right now so I have to wait till around February 15th to buy one..I know it is early to start looking but figured it give me sometime to do some research on a new trolling motor..

I would like to stay with a 12 volt trolling motor and 55lb thrust and at least one that has a minimum shaft length of 48 inches or longer,I have a 1989 SS-175 Sea Nymph the trolling motor would go on.

As some of you know my boat does not have a lot bow space to spare when you have a pedestal seat mounted in the bow so a foot controller would not work there.

I do have a pedestal seat mounted there and the seat is a must have for me since I have a very bad back and can not stand for long periods at a time so my seat has to stay..

So what I like to know and this may sound weird but does Minn Kota make a trolling motor that is all wireless but would still allow you have the option of using a foot controller in other area of the boat.?

I guess what I am asking is what Minn Kota trolling motor is out there that has a wireless remote and also has a wireless foot controller if there is one available in the price range I post below..

I figure my budget towards a new trolling motor will be between $1,000 and $1,400 to spend on a good trolling motor..I know it may not be a lot right now but at this time this is all I have a budget for..I might be able to come up with a little more but would like to keep a little extra money set a side to buy another Humminbird SI or Lawrance SI fish finder which will I figured will cost me around $500 to $600 for one..

Thank for all your help you can on one..

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
You should be looking at Motor guide and Monitors websites for specs, features, etc.

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner
Any of the Minn Kotas with copilot or ipilot will do that, I've had a Terrova for several years and it works well.

meinidaho

Recruit
Just a thought, have you looked at the Australian 55 pd motor? look it up on Ebay if you want. $400.00 with remote control.

DarthVader, I sent you a PM. Look forward to conversing regarding our boats.

DarthVader

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Just a thought, have you looked at the Australian 55 pd motor? look it up on Ebay if you want. $400.00 with remote control.

DarthVader, I sent you a PM. Look forward to conversing regarding our boats.

I replied back to your PM,I get you a picture tomorrow if it is not raining as where suppose to get a good rain and thunder storm tomorrow..

Well I decide to raise my budget on a new trolling motor and so I am almost 100% sure I going to bite the bullet and go with the all New Minn Kota Ulterra with iPilot link..This thing will do everything for me and I will not have to touch or lift the trolling motor at all,it is all done by wireless remote control..

Here is a video of the Minn Kota Ulterra I am going to get..

meinidaho

Recruit
Yea, it is hard not to want the Ulterra. It is the ultimate currently out there in my opinion! Especially if you fish by yourself a lot. Good luck to you in getting it soon!

Thanks for the photos!

DarthVader

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Yea, it is hard not to want the Ulterra. It is the ultimate currently out there in my opinion! Especially if you fish by yourself a lot. Good luck to you in getting it soon!

Thanks for the photos!

Yeah I know February is still a long way a ways and will still need to wait at least another 2 to 3 months before I can actually get on the lake to try it out,..Your welcome on the photos..