Look before you leap.

grant1973

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I was hanging out with a friend on Memorial Day and he wanted to go get some tackle. We drove down to the local sporting good store. while he was looking at sharp , pokey thing that smell bad I went down stairs to where all the boating stuff is and was talking to the dude behind counter about my reverse or lack there of. I asked him if they carried parts for an old Crysler Sea King outboard....namely the reverse gear. He gave me a number of some guy that worked out of his house that might be able to lead me in the right direction. I call the dude and he tells me to bring my boat by. I did. he looked at it and fumbled a few doo-hickies, told me to go home and adjust what he fumbled a little bit more & I did.<br /><br />The 10 bucks that I spent for 5 minutes of his time PAID OFF big time. I have spent the past week studing and reading on how to disassemble and replace bearings and gears on a motor that you can no longer get the parts for.....Meaning that once I got it all apart...it most likely would have had to stay that way. Look before you leap....Save time and money.

SoulWinner

Commander
Re: Look before you leap.

Good for you Grant. What a blessing, you must be livin'right!

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Dang SW, you must be tired of being a Master Chief Petty Officer :p

gaugeguy

Captain

Can you post that again SW, I didn't get it the first 9 times :D

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Moving to Chrysler Outboard Troubles.