Living off the grid

kahuna123

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Anyone doing this or have tried. How about partial?? I am looking into to it. Maybe not everything but all the 110

nwcove

Admiral
Re: Living off the grid

ive done alot of research on going partially off the grid, and for my northern location.....wind is the only way to go. to bad local bylaws limit me to one 5000watt turbine. if i could go up to 10000watts, the initial investment would be high, but selling power back to the utility could make it well worth it.

Jeep Man

Commander

As asinine as I have ever heard about, Florida is one of a few places that considered living off the grid as ILLEGAL. By law, you have to be connected to the an electrical grid in Florida. They took a woman from Cape Coral to court.

Gyrene

Petty Officer 1st Class

I did it in Vietnam :lol:

I often thought of a combo of solar panels and vertical-axis wind turbines.
Also thought of producing Methane from compost...

rbh

Fleet Admiral

Well you definitely get the sun for solar panels, do you get much wind on a steady basis?

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral

I have pretty much been doing it, since I moved to Montana, it is not easy, it requires dedication and it takes a lot of money, if you really want to live off the grid, you need to evaluate, why, what and when, why do you want to do it?(You won't save money) What is your reason, (saving money is a not a valid reason) and when are you really going to be ready? (as I found out, you will never be ready, but jumping off the cliff is fun!)

Bullrider

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I have made some Tesla generators that work. It is a series of diodes and capacitors that collect the static from the Earth and converts to DCV. One simple "tiny" unit will harvest enough to charge a cell phone. Free energy day and night, hot or cold. A giant scale of this would do well. I have been playing with this for years. You wont find this in detail on line sincethe internet sterilizes out this kind of thing.
My solar panels are nice in the day time but eventually I will have power at night.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

I have made some Tesla generators that work. It is a series of diodes and capacitors that collect the static from the Earth and converts to DCV. One simple "tiny" unit will harvest enough to charge a cell phone. Free energy day and night, hot or cold. A giant scale of this would do well. I have been playing with this for years. You wont find this in detail on line sincethe internet sterilizes out this kind of thing.
This Tesla generator stuff has been passed around for years. Been proven many times to be bogus.

So...who does the sterilizing?

Last edited:

Bullrider

Petty Officer 3rd Class

This Tesla generator stuff has been passed around for years. Been proven many times to be bogus.

So...who does the sterilizing?

I have made several and they work. I have harvested 36 volts at .7amps on on small test settup...hardly bogus
Try finding anything on how to make it online, Im sure you wont.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

I have made several and they work. I have harvested 36 volts at .7amps on on small test settup...hardly bogus
LOL....I forgot. It's April Fools day!!!!

Last edited:

kahuna123

I am not thinking of going completely off. But I would like to get at least the 110 off. Leave the 220 on for now. There are some very good rebates up to $2.00 a watt here in FL. Plus we have great sun. Mine is more because I like the idea of being more in control. Wind here is great in the winter but sucks in the summer. I have looked at wind turbines stats and they would not be a great investment versus solar at this point.
I went to school to be an EE. Did not finish but I did own a marine electronics shop and have installed a few of these. My thougts to save money are to buy good panels and a good control charger but I don't need a real high end inverter although I do want a full sine wave. I can always fall back to the grid if need be. Install a new breaker box next to the existing one and pull all the 110 over and keep the 220 on the old one with a breaker in between if the 110 circuit needs help. Use the panels to charge probably a 900ahr bank.

kahuna123

Bullrider I would love to a see a schematic. You can message me

agallant80

Commander

I need a Tesla Generator so I can watch Ancient Aliens and Loose Change on my 12V TV but the world government conspiracy won't allow it. Why does Exxon have to run the world?

agallant80

Commander

Watch out-- you might get sterilized...

Its all ready happening, man. That's why I don't drink tap water. They lie about fluoride. Peace On Earth is really Purity Of Essence. The Russians have been making us go sterile with our drinking water for generations. That's why i only drink rain water (for you kids that don't know what I am talking about watch Dr. Strangelove)

avenger79

Lieutenant Commander

do you have any .7 amp circuits in your house? creating voltage is easy, consider the "voltage" of a static electric shock from walking across the carpet.

Gyrene

Petty Officer 1st Class

Try finding anything on how to make it online, Im sure you wont.

So why don't you post here how it works and we can all see it get erased???

gm280

Supreme Mariner

Once someone figures out how to convert heat to electricity then our energy problems will be solved for good. Think the amount of energy it take to heat the Earth daily about 20 - 40 degrees from the morning temps to the afternoon temps everyday. So when someone can figure a way to convert that heat energy to usable electricity, there will never be anymore need for energy what so ever. Just look what amounts of energy wasted in the average automobile with the excess heat generated while running... That IS our endless energy source right there...

kahuna123

Pass whatever that was all about. I live in the lighting capital of the world. A couple of years ago we did not have power for 4 days. We don't live where power goes down and you throw you food outside in the snow. Our power fails in the summer. We don't have natural gas or propane in most places. I ask for the schematic in jest. We loose lots of equipment to surges.
I was asking for advice from people here who are living part off the grid are who have studied the ups and downs.