Little Bit Of The Xmas Spirit

OBJ

Supreme Mariner
This past weekend our Fire Dept. did it's anual Santa Run covering our Village and surrounding coverage area....large area to do. My son did Santa this year.....six foot and no gut.....stuffed him with pillows.

We usually do about 150 to 200 bags of treats for the kids. So armed with 175 bags we set off at around 0945....did the town and local county road then headed up the highway for Co. 17. Up 17, cover Hopewell and down Co. 15. At the bottom of 15 one of the "elves" setting on the front came around and said...."we only got 17 bags left." Oh Boy!....not even half way done. OK.....back to the station and regroup. This was at 1:00pm.

Decided to get more bags and treats and finish the run on Sunday.....cool.

Noon Sunday and off we go. Around Co. 15A around Warrenton and up Co. 16. Cross over the ridge, cover 151 to the Water tower, back down Co. 14 through Connersville and out St. Rt. 150 to Merkles Loop...make the loop and back home.

Had maybe two dozen bags left over.

But here's what really made the "Run" worth while.....

We have two mentally challenged little girls in the area. One up on the Ridge and the other over in Warrenton. When those little girls seen the engine with Santa on it, they were just glowing....especially when Santa got down and showed them a little personnal attention. They hugged the "elves" on the front of the engine and were just smiles.....smiles that you just can't forget if your human.

I asked my Son how he felt about what he had done, showing the girls some personnal attention.....all he could say was "Wow".

I hope every one here on the board can have a similar experience over the Christmas Holiday.....really puts things in a good light.

And if I'm not politically correct with "Christmas Holiday".....OK. Don't bother me none.

Plainsman

Rear Admiral
Re: Little Bit Of The Xmas Spirit

Great job! Giving is the greatest gift!

KaGee

Admiral

I'm sure you were a blessing to those kids.

JRJ

Commander

Sounds like you had fun and gave some kids some joy. Merry Christmasd:)

aspeck

Staff member

We did our "Operation Santa" Sunday afternoon also. Gave out 150 lollipops, and brought a lot of joy to the kids. My daughter was going crazy, bouncing off the walls when she first heard the siren (about 20 minutes out from our house). Wife said it was so funny watching her go crazy for that length of time.

Great job, OBJ. And thanks to your son for giving his time to bring joy to kids.

Plainsman

Rear Admiral

aspeck said:
We did our "Operation Santa" Sunday afternoon also. Gave out 150 lollipops, and brought a lot of joy to the kids. My daughter was going crazy, bouncing off the walls when she first heard the siren (about 20 minutes out from our house). Wife said it was so funny watching her go crazy for that length of time.

Great job, OBJ. And thanks to your son for giving his time to bring joy to kids.

Great job to you as well UnderDog!!

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Thanks to you also aspeck. Sounds like your Dept. had a great time too. Small town Fire Dept's.......gotta' love them.

LadyFish

Admiral

I think the FD's all do a great job and my hats off to each and everyone of them. d:)