Link to Project X "Verado"

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Link to Project X "Verado"

Not Authorized?? Please sign in??<br /><br />What a chintzy way to collect Email addys.

Summer Fun

Banned

JB that link works for me ..didn't ask for email addy .....wayne

JB

Well, I went back and spent about 20 minutes going from one hype page to another and saw NOTHING about the so-called revolutionary engine technology. Only more of the same hype language they have been feeding us for over a year.<br /><br />I still refuse to provide personal data to see whatever else they have behind the curtain.

butlp

Petty Officer 1st Class

JB,<br />The problem may be because you do not have Macromedia Flash Player 7 on your computer. It could also have something to do with you using dial up and the slow speed. I'm not a computer wizard, just a thought as I logged straight in without problems and no request for my e-mail address.

Trent

Captain

No problems and it did not ask for addys.

Clams Canino

Commander

Didn't ask me either. Maybe it likes people named Wayne???<br /><br />-W<br /><br />
Originally posted by way577:<br />JB that link works for me ..didn't ask for email addy .....wayne

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

hello<br /> I hope it works. if its a roots type compressor it will fail rapidly in our salt air if its a rotary type or a vane type it will take 3 months longer for the salt mist to eat it up. I got tickled with the 275 and the 92 min octane requirement. mmmm let me fill it up then get busy leave it sit in the sun for 3 months get a day off and zip down to the marina for a quick day offshore with my new supercharged wallet buster. guess what. it aint close to 92 octane anymore. so either performance is going to fall drastically or I will detonate a hole in a piston. try to tell a customer he has to pump out and pay for the disposal of 250 gallons of 5 month old 92 octane. at over 2.25 a gallon:) and a 3 dollar a gallon disposal fee.<br /> no thanks I get be yatched at enuff :) <br /> good luck and keep posting on this killer project

Tracy Coleman

Petty Officer 1st Class

Facts are few, but does this marvel have needle bearings or good 'ole bushings on the rod? 158 cubic inchs and 15 lbs. of boost, nothing like a little stress. Wonder does the 635 lbs. include the 8 qts. of oil, steering pump/servo unit in the boat? That's a hefty 200 hp. Since Yamaha didn't have anything to with the development of this engine, will this be accepted as another flawless 4 stroke? 3 year warranty.<br />Backfire ;)

Hawaiian

Petty Officer 2nd Class

rodbolt, where did you see the 92 octane rating for the 275 HP. I heard through the grapevine that 92 was going to be the minimum for this motor but the spec sheet I saw said 87 octane minimum.

JB

Thanks, Roscoe. I was able to read your link.<br /><br />American marketing/advertising people are so good at "inventing" "revolutionary technology". :D :D <br /><br />Mercedes Benz did all of that "technology" except FI in the 1937 W-125, They introduced port FI on the BF-109 in 1942, and they did DIRECT FI in the 300SLs of the early 50s.<br /><br />I guess after technology is over 50 years old American advertizing people are allowed to invent it for the first time.<br /><br />I have to admit, Brunswick is the first to offer a 650lb 200hp outboard, though Honda and Yamaha came close.<br /><br />Dry sump is a very good idea borrowed from bikes that have used it for 80 years.<br /><br />Ho-Hum.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

hello<br /> perry<br /> I read it off the verado website.<br /> I can see another opti-pop forming. supercharging and direct injection has been around since the 1920's as were disc brakes and a few other wonder revelutionary wonders. it took modern electronics to make it perform as needed. dry sump is normal now<br /> the oil sumps on most large yamahas are seperate from the block. the adaptor is between the sump and the engine block with scavenging passages leading to the sump. the Germans had an inverted v-12 fourstroke fuel injected with nitrous oxide and supercharging in a bomber engine. the crank was on top and the jugs were below. the early rotary engines had the crank fixed and the jugs rotated around the crank. and were made in 5 and 7 cylinder versions:). the brits designed the p-51 and they were built by lockeed but with a doggy allison were muts. however the brits decided to use the new v-12 merlins and griffins that produced something above 2500 horses and were supercharged v-12's with fuel injection dry sumps and liquid cooling. I used to have a passion about engineering before I got saddled with life. but soon I will be out of debt and I will go play. <br /> anyway good luck and lets keep looking at the sales hype to see if it makes it go longer.<br /> I no longer get wiggy cause some enganeer and sales division brags about it. I want to see it actually work in the field.

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

What scares me the most about all this new technology is that when ya' break down out in the water, your broke down. With the old systems you had a good chance of restarting and making it back home. But with the advent of the new super chip computerized techno marvels.....ya' better carry a kicker or have yer' cell phone bill paid up. :eek: :eek:

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

Paging John from Illinois...looks like you got plenty of ammunition for payback on Forktail after him bashing Bombardier's early info releases. :p Nah, you got way too much class for that! ;) <br /><br />With a dry sump, is it safe to assume this motor could be mounted at an entirely different angle, such as a MerCruiser powerplant replacement?

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

So how the heck does one engine produce all those different horsepowers?<br /><br />Boost pressure differences?<br /><br />Is the huge difference in price only obtained by changing the computer?<br /><br />Ken