Link Posting.....Semi Annual Reminder

OBJ

Supreme Mariner
Time once again to remind all you good folks about posting links. Please do not use them. Use a referal or a partial addy that can be C&P'd to the address bar.

Thanks to all you good folks for your cooperation and help on these forums. You make it happen.

Thanks from all the Mods! d:)

OBJ

Supreme Mariner
Re: Link Posting.....Semi Annual Reminder

^bump

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Bump

Scaaty

Vice Admiral

I'm guilty...mostly just old stuff that IBoats does not sell, but will do my best to comply. 8)

samo_ott

Vice Admiral

I'm not sure what you mean? Only post a partial link? Do you have an example?

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

iBoats is an on-line supplier of marine equipment and components. They provide this forum for anyones enjoyment. Why should we stab them in the back and post links to other vendors. Why not support them.

hkeiner

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I will most gladly follow the rules on links, as this is a fantastic forum and don't want to annoy the moderators. I have often seen links in forum threads and didn't know it was verboten. I have to admit that I have occasionally included "clickable" links in my postings. These were not to vendors but to websites that had information that was relevent to answering a question posted on the forum (such as how a Merc oil injection system works, how to troubelshoot a Tach problem, a photo or diagram hosted on another web site, etc. ).

Am I correct in understanding the forum rule in that "clickable" links should NOT be used regardless of the web page's content but that "non-clickable" links are OK? If so, I presume that the restriction has more to do with the impact "clickable" links have on the forum server's IT resources than on the content of the linked web pages themselves.

In order to comply with the rule, would substituting a "+" for "t" in the http portion of the link text be sufficient to comply with the forum's restriction? This would make the link non-clickable (i.e., non-working) but a reader can still use the link by copying the link text to a web browser and then substituting "t" for the "+" in the copied text.

Example of non-clickable link: h++p:/website/cgi

Have I got this right or am I totally misunderstanding this rule? Clarification would surely help me and possibly many others using this forum too

Scaaty

Vice Admiral

Just a thought, but EVERYTIME I have Googled a boat part...Iboats right on the top a heel of a lot...I would not worry about it