LF Yamaha gauge kit manual

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
factory service manual should have what you need.

boscoe99

Lieutenant Commander
Does your tachometer has two four pin nylon connectors and four single wires with bullet connectors or does it have but one four pin connector and four single wires?

0.00 are the engine hours. Tachometer hours actually. If the tachometer is new it starts with 0.00 hours. Hours are logged as the tachometer is used.

Is the remote control a 703 side mount type or 704 top mount type?

newfiez

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hey, I’m looking for an install manual for a Yamaha tach gauge kit 6YR-W0035-E4-00. I’m installing it into a 2008 F115TXRH. The kit I have didn’t come with any paperwork. The remote control is from a 1991 90TLRP.
Thanks!

newfiez

Petty Officer 1st Class
I looked in the service manual, and nothing on gauges. I have the rigging manual, and nothing on the gauge I have. My gauge has a removeable connector at the gauge, and it’s a 12 pin style connector with 8 wires in it.
The harness going from the gauge to the engine is plug n play. There’s another harness that goes to the side mount control. I thought it was connected correctly, but there’s no trim indicating on the gauge. Also, the engine hours are not showing up. It just says 0.00

newfiez

Petty Officer 1st Class
It’s a 703 side mount, and one connector with 4 single wires (I believe). I will confirm the next time I see the boat.