Leroy'S R.I.P. ???

Crosbyman

Vice Admiral
Leroy’s Site seems taken over ….
anyone know where the original and precious contents went to ???

I wrote to the new Leroy….. asking where all the good OB stuff ended up.

Hopefully not just turfed out like the 17th century in Rollerball !

saltchuckmatt

Lieutenant Commander
Damn really?

Another fellow Washintonian kicked the bucket?

Probably got bought out by the "my pillow guy"

Crosbyman

Vice Admiral
correction for Rollerball movie buffs .... it was the13th century
Librarian: This way. Now, we’ve lost those computers, with all of the 13th century in them. Not much in the century. Just Dante and a few corrupt popes. But it’s so distracting and annoying. You’ve unlimited restrictions here, of course. But you have to come so, so many times. It all takes such effort.
Yes, you read that right. The librarian just dismissed the WHOLE OF THE 13th CENTURY that just disappeared from archival existence. That “Just Dante and a few corrupt popes” amount to “not much.” So I’m pausing in the middle of their conversation to have a moment of silence for the “poor old 13th century” that just got wiped out. RIP, 13th century, RIP.

saltchuckmatt

Lieutenant Commander
Looks like I got cancelled out and I deserve it.

I'll do some investigating and luckily I printed a lot of it.

jitterbug127

Chief Petty Officer
this is sad. I have been reading the site at work when were not busy. I now have the option to shop for skateboards or something obscure.

Crosbyman

Vice Admiral
Start copying the good stuff !! thanks Mat

AOMCI informed I am am certain everybody will be be pleased !!!

Adalrik

Cadet
I made a complete copy of the site back in 2020 using HTTrack. Luckily, it looks like it is also on the Wayback Machine. There was just too much important information on Leeroy's site to not have a copy.

Crosbyman

Vice Admiral
great move although I did recently copied the most good ones I needed (thanks to Matt) if you can share the file you have.... tons of folks could use it incl all the folks at the AOMCI again and possibliby others

the file was restricted to AOCI members only folks under the main libary but it has been months and no words from G.S. the owner