Leisurely Chieftan Restore

jumboshrimp

Cadet
Wish me Luck !!! My background, I bought my first Chieftan aboot 3moons ago and got her 120 i/o cleaned and running after rebuilding everything attached to it. (but no power/poor compression)I really wanted an outboard model and the other day unemployed as ever I found one and had to have her.
So here I go at a leisurely pace I am going to try to make a report of progress as KeeepnitReel and you other great restore and thread masters have inspired me to do my best and keep her original. I am piligeing all the goodies from my first Chieftan to make one great vessel! Nuff BS This is what I'm starting with. Floor is soft as fresh bread but the hul is in terrific condition.
First I'l clean her out good, have a couple sheets of marine grade plywood comming and I guess I'l rivet her down to the tabs on the ribs and go from there. Going to install a couple fuel tanks under my captains chairs and make a good bench style seat for the stern that will allow easy access for storage in the stern... when I return from the football game

1975 18'6" Chieftan MK IV Cuddy and a thunderbolt 850.

Attachments

• MK4 1.jpg
    MK4 1.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 1
  • MK4 2.jpg
    MK4 2.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 1
  • MK4 4.jpg
    MK4 4.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 1
  • MK4 3.jpg
    MK4 3.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 1

North Beach

Commander
Re: Leisurely Chieftan Restore

JS, that's gonna be another nice Starcraft!

Rickairmedic

Commander

JS thats a great looking starter :D. I have the original panels that fit under the splashwell on my jupiter if you would like I can get you pictures of them . Be sure to start a resto thread over in the resto forum and also the sticky at the top of this forum on our little get together we are planning for next summer :D.

Rick

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Great looking boat. Going to be a great project. Good luck with it.

wrfalpacas

Chief Petty Officer

Jumbo,

Nice boat you have there! I am restoring an earlier model. I sent you a pm.