LED STRIP LIGHTING (Ins and outs info)

Status
Not open for further replies.

george48051

Recruit
Re: Led light ins and outs info.

Re: Led light ins and outs info.

Splicing connectors

These are the connectors and are reasonably cheap to purchase. They are worth getting because soldering the 20 gauge tiny little wire to the tiny little strips with out crossing them together is a pita. You can get the connectors for doing strips in series without the wires so you can do continous strips. Most boats won't be doing continuos strips but multiple locations on shorter lengths instead.

marathontothunder077.jpg

marathontothunder078.jpg

Resin 5050 strip installed in connector. A simple razor knife strips the resin back to allow for install.

marathontothunder083.jpg

Closed over connection, done.

marathontothunder084.jpg

Wire If installing the RGB strip lights, This is the wire I recommend you get instead of buying four different individual 20 gauge rolls of different colored wires. Or like some have done, install all the same color wire and make your install or trouble shooting a nightmare.

These RGB multi colored wire rolls keep the install clean and also keeps the colors, color coded to make your install easier. Like the lights, I have found this wire sold in 5m rolls or 16 ft online. I ordered two and will be ordering two more for my boats install.

Lightshow.jpg

george48051

Recruit
Re: LED STRIP LIGHTING (Ins and outs info)

Here is another diagram of a wiring set-up. Only thing I can see missing is a inline fuse or a fuse buss between battery and controller.

ViewPicture.jpg
Hi, I know this is an old post but I have several questions which are explained in my diagram. Note: there will be a fused power supply.

Attachments

• Schmatic.png
    Schmatic.png
    46.4 KB · Views: 2
Status
Not open for further replies.