Lake Gaston in VA/NC

Tahoe 55

Petty Officer 1st Class
(Did a search but didn't come up with much....) Anyone boat on Lake Gaston? I just made reservations at Lake Gaston Lodges for a long weekend with my wife. It's been awhile since we've gone away together without the kids and we've never been on a boating trip. Really looking forward to it! The place has small cabins on Pea Hill Creek and looks like a nice quiet spot. We're going middle of next month.

They have covered slips with electric hoists. I've never had the boat on a lift, but I guess there's nothing to it?... I don't know if I should cover the boat at night and if so, how much of a pain it will be. I don't have the snap in covers, just the full trailerable cover with a draw string and trailer straps.

From what I've seen, it looks like a nice big lake with a lot of stuff to do or not do. Most of the time we just like to find a quiet cove, take in the sun and sites and enjoy our "kid-less" time together.

It would be great to hear from someone who's stayed at the Lodges or hear about some nice spots on the lake.

Thanks

crownline182

Recruit
Re: Lake Gaston in VA/NC

Lake Gaston is great ...... spent a week on Pea Hill Creek in late June and had some of the best boating I can remember ..... The Lake in the morning is like glass, and great skiing all day long ..... lots of places to explore in the many coves off the main lake ...... Enjoy!!

Tahoe 55

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks crownline and welcome to the forum!

Tahoe 55

Petty Officer 1st Class

Guess not too many lake Gaston folks on here?....

Hatchman

Cadet

Heading off to Lake Gaston Lodges this weekend for a three day stay. Has anyone been there? Any recommended places to go? Any good restaurants/marinas? Any places to stay away from? Good "party" sand bars anywhere? Good fishing and with what bait?

Thanks for the advice!