Keeping Toons clean...

BigDfromTN

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hello folks....

I have this idea and want to bounce it off some of you more experienced folks here.

On another forum for RVs they suggest using a floor covering acrylic (Red Max Pro, or Zep Wet Look) to keep an RV shiny and easy to clean. IT WORKS! I did this about a year ago before taking our trailer to a lot on the river. I noticed this weekend the RV has sit there under the trees for a year now and it still looks good and shiny. VERY minimal black streaks too.

My question is... I wonder how it will work on my freshly cleaned toons to slow oxidation and make the accumulation along the water line wash off easier in the future.

Label states.. "Low Maintenance Floor Finish" and Scuff resistant, high gloss shine, dries quickly (30 min), Levels with out streaking. Also described as a 20% solids, exceptionally durable, metal-interlocking, acrylic-copolymer finish designed for minimal maintenance with high gloss. Resistant to scuffs and black heel marks.

My only concern is the possibility of an adverse reaction of some sort? As stated above it works great on painted surfaces.

What say ye "Old Pros"?

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Re: Keeping Toons clean...

Hello folks....

I have this idea and want to bounce it off some of you more experienced folks here.

On another forum for RVs they suggest using a floor covering acrylic (Red Max Pro, or Zep Wet Look) to keep an RV shiny and easy to clean. IT WORKS! I did this about a year ago before taking our trailer to a lot on the river. I noticed this weekend the RV has sit there under the trees for a year now and it still looks good and shiny. VERY minimal black streaks too.

My question is... I wonder how it will work on my freshly cleaned toons to slow oxidation and make the accumulation along the water line wash off easier in the future.

Label states.. "Low Maintenance Floor Finish" and Scuff resistant, high gloss shine, dries quickly (30 min), Levels with out streaking. Also described as a 20% solids, exceptionally durable, metal-interlocking, acrylic-copolymer finish designed for minimal maintenance with high gloss. Resistant to scuffs and black heel marks.

My only concern is the possibility of an adverse reaction of some sort? As stated above it works great on painted surfaces.

What say ye "Old Pros"?

Sounds like it could work but once you put the pontoon in the water, both chemical reactions of the water and the wear it will see from the water as it is moving would probably not last long. But you could try it. I mean after all if is simply washes off, you learned something in the process. JMHO!

BigDfromTN

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Keeping Toons clean...

Sounds like it could work but once you put the pontoon in the water, both chemical reactions of the water and the wear it will see from the water as it is moving would probably not last long. But you could try it. I mean after all if is simply washes off, you learned something in the process. JMHO!

That is kinda what I was thinking.

It does not take long to put a coat or two on there so I may just try it and see this weekend.

Any one else care to chime in?