Just wanted to say ......

cobra1476

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thanks to the site and everyone who helped me out. For all of you who are wondering, I just upgrade my boat from a 17ft i/o Bow rider to a 21ft o/b deck boat. Having never owned a deck boat and and o/b I had a ton of questions. All the info I had received was spot on and I finally got her in the water yesterday. Everything went flawlessly.

Also want to thanks the peeps in the merc outboard thread for all the question I posted in there too.

I am sure I will have a bunch questions in the future.

THANKS!!

Finally in the water
IMG_1717.jpg

This is why I love boating:
IMG_1729.jpg

reddogg

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Just wanted to say ......

Sweet:) Good luck to you and I hope you have a ton of trouble-free fun.

red

DuckHunterJon

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Congrats, looks like you're going to put it to good use. Enjoy!

lcmains1

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Nice looking boat. What is your opinion on going from a bowrider to a deck boat? We have a 21' bowrider and thinking of going the deak boat route for our next purchase

cobra1476

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Nice looking boat. What is your opinion on going from a bowrider to a deck boat? We have a 21' bowrider and thinking of going the deak boat route for our next purchase

For what we use it for the deck boat definitely fits the bill. Again, that's just us. We always go out with people and our bow rider was just too "skinny". Deck has a lot of room to move around.

We were contemplating this or a pontoon. But the pontoon just had too many downsides for us. Trailering, handling, and size were our biggest concern with the pontoon. I trailer 30mi back and forth. Also the look wasn't my cup of tea.

Believe it or not the combo on the deck almost gives it the same performance as my bowrider. from what I have read the only down side on a deck is when you hit big waves. Again, we don't have that problem on the lake we go to. 90% of the time the water is like glass.

One thing I am not too fond of is all the features of the boat....sink, washdown, potti...yada yada. I really have no use for them and I don't even know how to use the stuff. And no way in hell am I going to clean a potti. lol!

Hands down, this was a big upgrade for us. One of those purchases that I don't think we will regret anytime soon (knock on wood).