Just thought I'd share a nice photo.

aspeck

Staff member
Yep, we had that this morning also ... but it is almost all gone already! A lot of rain came before it turned to snow ...

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Almost 70 today, the jonquils are in full bloom, robins been back a couple three weeks, the weeping willows are turning that special yellow green color and the wild maples at the sides of the highway are just beginning to show a hint of red.

So that meant a few hours out.

Floating out with the wind from the ramp

1708552591733.png

Last edited:

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
found a deep cove out of the wind, small fire and ate my crackers, cheese and bologna with a crappy mic ultra beer. Supplied music was the wind in the tree tops (~15 mph). Forgot mustard so wasn't completely perfect shore meal. I'm going to miss most of the spring boating season so trying to get in what I can now.

Bologna, cheese crackers and a beer. Forgot mustard....

Fun side note - i usually tie up to a tree but found a rock about the size of a soccer ball that had a two inch hole in it. Perfect.

1708552865020.png

Last edited:

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Yeah have not been to tims in a few years and Normandy is 15 min away to two ramps, 20 min to the dam ramp. Even on most summer weekends it is really a fishing lake, not a play lake like tims. During the week it is dead. Today at the three main ramps there were a total of maybe 20 vehilces, not all with a trailer, the other two off beat one zero vehicles so maybe 15 boats on that whole lake and i saw maybe six. As long as they never 'improve' with marinas, booze, food and such it will stay that way for a long time. Bonus 90% of the shoreline is tva land so you can get out and do what you want. I plan on camping this summer at a perfect spot ive been day visiting.

I'm planning mon or tues next week and as always, open invitation.

southkogs

Staff member
I'm planning mon or tues next week and as always, open invitation.
Thank you; I know it's always an open invite. I'm just too busy most all the time.

I was out on Tims a couple times last year. It's crazy. We haven't been out on Normandy for a while - Priest is too easy, and when we make the effort we tend to wind up on Dale Hollow. Wanna' get back out to Normandy: I've not made it to all the waterfalls I've heard of out there.

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
Made it up to 6 today, but by next week the Highs will be -13. Fortunately we had very little snow, but the Morons at City Hall decided to use Salt instead of Plowing the Streets.

Last edited:

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
took the fake daughter/grandkids out for a day. I love a mom that understands sometimes checking them out of school early to experience life is better than sitting in a classroom. We did half day so they did not get an absence - and their dad is a substitute teacher at the school and was working but so far we have flown under the radar

1709043365610.png