Just starting out.

DALLEN7

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Just starting out.

DSCN4660.jpg BOAT 005.jpgDSCN4646.jpgDSCN4645.jpgDSCN4649.jpgOk fellas I believe we have made some great progress this week (my buddy and I) here are a few pics of our work so far.

DALLEN7

Petty Officer 2nd Class

DSCN4647.jpgDSCN4663.jpgDSCN4662.jpgDSCN4658.jpgDSCN4648.jpgmore pics me in the white shirt my buddy in orange. The uncovered area will get alum. chanel for hatches for access to the tank and for the under deck cooler.

tallcanadian

Captain

You did get a lot done. Looking really good. It can be dirty at times but it will be worth all this work. Keep posting.

DALLEN7

Petty Officer 2nd Class

thanks guys it has been a long week to say the least. Now I get to return to work this week
I hope to get the deck glassed sometime this week though. then on to some electrical work.

parrisw

Ensign

thanks guys it has been a long week to say the least. Now I get to return to work this week
I hope to get the deck glassed sometime this week though. then on to some electrical work.

Looking good, make sure before you glass in your deck to measure your hull sides so they haven't bowed outwards, if you glass in your deck with it like that your cap may not fit after!!!! Put some ratchet straps on it or fit the cap back on before glassing in the deck.

DALLEN7

Petty Officer 2nd Class

thanks paris I had the cap on before putting the deck in place
I actually have to push out the top portion to match the cap.
We put it all together and put some screws in temporarily
and marked the hull before pulling the cap back off. It did
not change at all. I think I will be in good shape when it is
time to put it back together when all done.

parrisw

Ensign

thanks paris I had the cap on before putting the deck in place
I actually have to push out the top portion to match the cap.
We put it all together and put some screws in temporarily
and marked the hull before pulling the cap back off. It did
not change at all. I think I will be in good shape when it is
time to put it back together when all done.

Great! Good to hear, there was a resto on here a while back and that happened to a guy and he had to section the cap in 4 pieces and stretch and widen it!!!!!!!

DALLEN7

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Well fellas it has been awhile since I was on here last but not to fret I have been busy on the boat.
I have a pending launch date of Aug. 5th I still have a few things to do before then but here is what I
have done since posting last. The deck is all in. Tank is in and mounted to the bulk heads.
the cap is on and rub rail (minus the vinyl center) is screwed in place the transom and splashwell
are now glassed together . ( I had to cut it out to get the cap of in the beginning of the resto.)
a couple of spots on the keel patched and ready for primer.
I am on a fairly tight schedule to get it ready to launch as my family is going on a camping trip
starting the 10th on the 13th we are volonteering for a program called C.A.S.T (catch a special thrill)
we take handicap kids out fishing for a few hrs. to catch some fish and then have lunch and some fun.
most of these kids have down syndrome and some are wheelchair bound.
I would like to have the boat ready a week before this trip tested and all.
so the things I have left are painting the transom area bilge area and keel area ( repaired spots) with rustolieum
oil based paint ( it is a good temp fix until I paint the entire boat this winter.)
get the motor mounted get carpet installed and got to dmv to license the boat and then have a few days to get her running
and tested before the camping trip.it is a pretty good list but with the main structure and all glassing done
it is just small things and doable things to get finished. a couple of small notes before i set the cap
i glued some strips of alum. (1in.x12 ft X 1/4 in thick ) with 5200 to the inside of the hull. when I put on the cap
I ran ss screws into this from the cap to the hull and then the rub rail also got screwed into it as well. ( no rivets at all)
also while I was waiting for the 5200 to cure I flipped the cap and ran the wiring I thought why do this lying on my back when I
can stand upright to do this. ( I hate lying on my back with my arms and hands in the the air for extened periods of time running wires
and such.) so wish me luck in the coming days and I will post pics coming soon of all the progress.

DALLEN7

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Well it has been several months since I have been on here. I have finished abunch of work to the boat and have had it out a few times. All of the issues I was running into were motor related. I still have some thinks to do onthe boat but I need to get into the shop to tweek a few more things for next year. for the winter I am going to put in the fishing deck and restructure the splashwell area. and then hopefully paint it tp to bottom. but here are some pics of the progress. sorry it has been so long but many things plus putting so much time into the boat in Aug. I did not even think about posting I did take pics of the progress and I am going to post them here over the next few post.

DALLEN7

Petty Officer 2nd Class

some pics

Attachments

• DSCN4757.jpg
    DSCN4757.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 2
  • DSCN4758.jpg
    DSCN4758.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 2
  • DSCN4761.jpg
    DSCN4761.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 2
  • DSCN4767.jpg
    DSCN4767.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 2
  • DSCN4768.jpg
    DSCN4768.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 2

DALLEN7

Petty Officer 2nd Class

more pics.

Attachments

• DSCN4776.jpg
    DSCN4776.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 3
  • DSCN4778.jpg
    DSCN4778.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 3
  • DSCN4779.jpg
    DSCN4779.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 3
  • DSCN5065.jpg
    DSCN5065.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 3
  • DSCN5066.jpg
    DSCN5066.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 3

DALLEN7

Petty Officer 2nd Class

more pics. the seat tops fold from the outside in to give plenty of storage underneath. and area of 16" by 4 and 6 ft.

Attachments

• DSCN5067.jpg
    DSCN5067.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 1
  • DSCN5068.jpg
    DSCN5068.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 1
  • DSCN5069.jpg
    DSCN5069.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 1

r.j.dawg

Ensign

Great looking boat you got there. I love those old tri-hulls.

dOb

Petty Officer 1st Class

Dallen - Like you, I've been working on my motor for the past few months. You're really moving along. Nice work on the seats. What are our plans for paint? Spray or roll?