looked at the waterpump it was bad
replaced with stock brp impeller

replaced thermostats and the same time
found a fair bit of salt in the thermostat housing

next step remove cylinder head or what else can it be

if i need to remove the cylinderhead does anybody know of a how to

racerone

Supreme Mariner
About 16 bolts to remove the head.----Note , there is a waterjacket cover on the head and it may need to be removed as well.----Be prepared for some stuck bolts.-----Inspect / replace the water guides in the water jacket.

blomqvistjs

Seaman Apprentice
About 16 bolts to remove the head.----Note , there is a waterjacket cover on the head and it may need to be removed as well.----Be prepared for some stuck bolts.-----Inspect / replace the water guides in the water jacket.
replace what guides dont know what you are talking about, have any good ideas on how to remove bolts without braking them?

blomqvistjs

Seaman Apprentice
is it normal to get a engine clogged so it overheats on boat sides? bought this engine used and after sitting in my storage for 2 years i found alot of problems but worked well when i bought it. in finland we have near 0% of salt in our water but looks like nobady ever have removed these headbolts. and i have never heard about anybody flushing a engine here after use

racerone

Supreme Mariner
There are rubber tubes in the water passages . ---Called deflectors / guides.----Worth checking out.----If fresh water you will not have problems with broken bolts.-----Will be easy to do.

blomqvistjs

Seaman Apprentice
all the bolts came loos no clogging anywhere. but why does it overheat. new pump. new thermostat nothing in cylinderhead.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Well it looks like you need to replace those rubber tubes / plugs / deflectors / guides in the water jackets..---Post some close-ups of them.

interalian

Commander
Water has to get past these. Looks like a lot of restriction on them due to swelling. Not cheap, but worth changing all 6.

blomqvistjs

Seaman Apprentice
No Title

this passage is to small right? will this cause my engine to runt hot on both sides? i can cut fromn 10mm fuelline cant i?

Attachments

• photo246076.jpg
    photo246076.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 0

emdsapmgr

Supreme Mariner
The rubber water deflectors are all distorted in this block, as was noted in the two posts above. The deflectors make sure the water circulates around the cyls when these are in their proper location. Also, you may want to clean some of the salt/debris out of the cooling passages. This picture attached shows one of the rubber deflectors in an "as new" position. The one off the the corner of the block is not in the correct positon. misplaced diverters.jpg

blomqvistjs

Seaman Apprentice
okay so im getting bout 1/3 of the right waterflow.. that would explayn why my headtemp was 125c and my tstat was supposed to be 60c

interalian

Commander
this passage is to small right? will this cause my engine to runt hot on both sides? i can cut fromn 10mm fuelline cant i?

I'd hesitate to try anything but the OE tubing - it's very thick walled. Fuel line is very soft, and 10mm would be way too big anyway. Looks to me like there's deposit buildup around all the rubber deflectors and that has gradually squeezed the deflectors, distorting them. You need to have clean locations for the deflectors or they won't go in easy.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
They are rubber hoses because in a factory they will go into every block every time.----Solid rubber material would work too.-----What I do is put some small metal tubing into them so there is less chance to distort.

blomqvistjs

Seaman Apprentice
What diameter is it? Someone said 3/8 fuelline and another one talked avout 3/16 fuelline will do it. I can get solid rubber but what size? We dont really have omc part for old outboards in finland

Fed

Commander
I wouldn't use anything other than genuine OMC deflectors in there, you will need 6 in total.

emdsapmgr

Supreme Mariner
Your 175 GT is not an "old" engine. Bombardier still provides on-line exploded parts diagrams for this engine on their factory website: epc.brp.com. Your engine's parts are diagramed on this website. You may find that some of the parts have been superceded, so take any of the part numbers to your local Bombardier dealer and they can tell you what the most current part number is.