Johnson electric start 9.9 2 stroke 1984 make key start

skip44820

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I'm not sure if this can be done. I got a 1984 9.9 johnson 2 stroke with electric start and kill switch on motor. Start button is on side Near front and kill switch is directly on front.motor has foreward controls . Can I put ignition key switch in this control box and eliminate start and stop on the mmoto.i think i have a 6 or 7 color coded cable a d key switch. Need help with if i put key switch in box with controls what color wires do i put on key switch and where do they go on motor

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Should be easy to do.-----You may need one of the wonderful electric primer valves for cold starting.----Some wires and simple solenoid.

skip44820

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I'm not sure if this can be done. I got a 1984 9.9 johnson 2 stroke with electric start and kill switch on motor. Start button is on side Near front and kill switch is directly on front.motor has foreward controls . Can I put ignition key switch in this control box and eliminate start and stop on the mmoto.i think i have a 6 or 7 color coded cable a d key switch. Need help with if i put key switch in box with controls what color wires do i put on key switch and where do they go on motor
Did u ever get this done? I am asking because I'm trying to do same thing, having no luck so far

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
you know you are having a conversation with yourself.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Post a picture of a " driver switch " -----Or where did you read about this item?----Never heard of a driver switch , well except in a car accident !!

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,..... Let's make this easy,......

What have you got,..?? 'n what are you trying to do to it,..??

If you'd started a new thread with that info, rather than hyjacking this old thread, we'd already be well beyond this point,.....

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Ayuh,..... Let's make this easy,......

What have you got,..?? 'n what are you trying to do to it,..??

If you'd started a new thread with that info, rather than hyjacking this old thread, we'd already be well beyond this point,.....
He hijacked his own thread

skip44820

Petty Officer 2nd Class
If all u assholes are done laughing we can go foreward. If not , Whatever. Jokes on me. BAD ME, EVERYBODY OKAY NOW??

Scott06

Vice Admiral
If all u assholes are done laughing we can go foreward. If not , Whatever. Jokes on me. BAD ME, EVERYBODY OKAY NOW??
I was ok until you called us a holes.… I’ll put more popcorn on so I can watch you ask your self questions

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,...... What colors, how many wires ya got,..??

Donno 'bout yer outboard, but on an I/O, the red wire is battery power,....
The purple wires is the ignition circuit,......
The yellow / wire is the start circuit, which must be run through the neutral safety switch in the control, then to the starter,.....
Donno which color would go to the kill button, nor whether it needs power, or ground,....
Donno the wire color for the choke either,....... Sorry,....