Jet sport powerhead swap?

russthemuss

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi all,<br /> I have a 1983 jet sport with a mercury 120hp powerhead.(OE125483)and the motor is basicaly CACTUS.<br />I have been told by a dealer that a late model force powerhead with a serial no in the range of OEO80400 to OE145579 MAY bolt in. Does any one know for shure? Is it still possable to buy a surplus powerhead for a boat this old?<br />ANY infomation is greatly appreciated.<br />cheers russ

skier

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Jet sport powerhead swap?

The sport jet engines (90 and 120hp) are Force powerheads, the 175hp is a Mercury powerhead.<br /><br />Craig

russthemuss

Petty Officer 2nd Class

confused! Is the force the new name for the mercury? Same company different line of engines?<br />Flame arrestor has mercury written all over it.Am i searching for a old mercury or new force? Are mercury the force agents? :confused:

skier

Petty Officer 1st Class

Ok, Chrysler Outboards went belly up and were baught out by US Marine (Bayliner). Bayliner is owned by Mercury Marine (Mariner also). Force is the old Chrysler outboards. Mercury has dropped the Force line as of this year (Maybe last year). Mercury has not changed nor is it now being called Force. You will need to find Force parts.<br /><br />I hope this helps.<br /><br />Craig