Jerry-Buddy?

KJM

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Anybody ever use one of these : https://jerry-buddy.com/ ? I just a new f9.9 kicker and want to hook up separate small gas tank. This seems like a good option as I have a few different gas cans lying around.

matt167

Captain
The magic of this if you can call it that is simple.. the fuel filter fits inside the cap with the nozzle removed and that’s literally all it is. Nothing special. They add the check valve so that it can’t siphon but nothing marine grade about it. It has more use with the guy who owns an old car and needs to move it without a gas tank… I used to use 2 liter soda bottles. This is pretty nifty but I wouldn’t run it on a boat

04fxdwgi25

Chief Petty Officer
Plus, most gas cans these days aren't vented. That would be a problem with this thing.

If they made the adapter with a vent on it, it may work well, but flopping around in the boat? I don't think so. USCG may have a problem with it, too.

Horigan

Chief Petty Officer
Then there's the mess when you need to refill the tank. Pull the drippy hose and check valve out and set it somewhere while you fill the tank.

airshot

Rear Admiral
I don't believe this was designed as a permanent install, just a quick use for a portable use or as a test tool when tank and fuel line issues arrise. I could see folks with a small motor and a car topper boat make use of these.

KJM

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I don't believe this was designed as a permanent install, just a quick use for a portable use or as a test tool when tank and fuel line issues arrise. I could see folks with a small motor and a car topper boat make use of these.
I was thinking as alternate to main fuel tank for a kicker on my boat, I could use a small gas can that would fit in an enclosed compartment in the back of my boat.

airshot

Rear Admiral
I was thinking as alternate to main fuel tank for a kicker on my boat, I could use a small gas can that would fit in an enclosed compartment in the back of my boat.
Just be sure that compartment is vented !!

Reactions: KJM