Jackplate ????

Nitro_boy

Seaman
Hey pros would my boat see more performance from a jackplate? What are the pro's and con's? If I get one how can I make sure not to lean out the motor? Do you get one that is stationary and still trim up? I'm new to these but all of the new bass boats seem to have them. Who is a provider for a decent priced unit as well?

strocker383ca

Seaman
Re: Jackplate ????

make sure to run a nose cone for water pick up ....if u raised the engine to high u will suck up some air ...yep jack plate help for speed

Nitro_boy

Seaman

Would I see better holeshot as well? Would a manual plate be sufficient?

strocker383ca

Seaman

i hate manual.... don't spend your money on a manual ... by the way if ur not in need of speed u don't need that ... hole shot will be the same with a hydrolic one ..worst with a manual one cause it will be set to high and u can't lower it ...

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

It all depends on your hull and prop design if a plate will help and if so, how much. There are hulls that actually run quite well with a manual and don't really benifit from a hydraulic. That's why they make both.

Then you'll get into balance. Some boats need more weight in the rear, some don't handle at all with any setback. Generally speaking - very generally - the longer the boat is the more it'll benifit by moving the motor back. If your boat needs help carrying the bow more setback should help. So will a prop with bow lift.