Is it this time of the year or...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ss9940_2

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi all!

Well, I'we been reading the posts for about 3 years now, occasionally posting a question / suggestion, but mainly reading. Is it just me or are the people on this forum getting upset easily? More and more posts start up a battle between posters.... What do you think? Is it cause it's summertime? Or is it just a coincidence?

Remember guys, this forum is supposed to solve problems, not cause them! Just take a deep breath and relax a bit before posting ;)

Cheers

Alex

imported_TheMan

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Is it this time of the year or...?

There seems to be a lot of anger that comes out when a poster doesn't agree with the advice he is given..
It can come from a lot of various sources, but the bottom line is we are all just sharing opinions and experiences. Posters don't have to listen to the advice, but they shouldn't complain about it just because it goes contrary to what they want to hear.
Nobody is in the same shoes as anyone else or has had the same life experiences, so sentiments vary widely. If people are willing to work together though, we can always figure something out..

Big thanks to all those who put up with the BS and keep helping us all!

mike64

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Is it just me or are the people on this forum getting upset easily? More and more posts start up a battle between posters....

WRONG! I take exception to that! Let me tell you where you can go, you...

:D

Seriously though, I've lurked on a few other forums, and I'm actually suprised how helpful and easygoing (mostly) everybody is on this forum in comparison, imo.

littlebookworm

Chief Petty Officer

With any forum like this, open to the whole world, you're bound to run into a few people who transfer their frustrations, impatience, and disappointments into attacks on others. You might call it "written road rage." I'm just thankful that the rest of the people here stand up to these individuals. For the most part, the readers, writers, and especially the experts, are in it just to enhance the boating experience for all. So, ignore the pre-adolescents who haven't grown up. The school-yard bully is still a jerk, even on the internet. Safe boating all, Hy

1976SRV190

Seaman

Hi all!

Well, I'we been reading the posts for about 3 years now, occasionally posting a question / suggestion, but mainly reading. Is it just me or are the people on this forum getting upset easily? More and more posts start up a battle between posters.... What do you think? Is it cause it's summertime? Or is it just a coincidence?

Remember guys, this forum is supposed to solve problems, not cause them! Just take a deep breath and relax a bit before posting ;)

Cheers

Alex

Yep, a member here was all rude to me because of a answer or better yet, speculation I gave a guy about a old vintage 20hp Merc. He got all rude and said something like I guess 75SRV190 has never worked on this motor or doesn't know what he's talking about yadda yadda. People like that make me laugh because they think they know everything because they know about 1 thing more than someone else. Anyway, it's the first time it happened to me but I'm sure he does it to other members as well....

1976SRV190

Seaman

With any forum like this, open to the whole world, you're bound to run into a few people who transfer their frustrations, impatience, and disappointments into attacks on others. You might call it "written road rage." I'm just thankful that the rest of the people here stand up to these individuals. For the most part, the readers, writers, and especially the experts, are in it just to enhance the boating experience for all. So, ignore the pre-adolescents who haven't grown up. The school-yard bully is still a jerk, even on the internet. Safe boating all, Hy

I call them Internet Rambo's.....

KeyWestBoater

Petty Officer 1st Class

I think some folks already have their minds made up about which boat to buy, how to solve a problem, etc when they post. In that case they are looking for someone to confirm their ideas and agree with them instead of really wanting advice. When advice is offered which doesn't agree with their preconceived ideas then that's where some arguments start. It's like when someone who's bent on buying a certain car gets mad if someone else tells him there's something wrong with it instead of being grateful for being spared problems afterward.

dsrchamp04

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Yep, a member here was all rude to me because of a answer or better yet, speculation I gave a guy about a old vintage 20hp Merc. He got all rude and said something like I guess 75SRV190 has never worked on this motor or doesn't know what he's talking about yadda yadda. People like that make me laugh because they think they know everything because they know about 1 thing more than someone else. Anyway, it's the first time it happened to me but I'm sure he does it to other members as well....

Actually, In the case you are talking about, That person knows quite alot about all Mercury Marine products. If you wanna speculate maybe you should consider doing it on your own and not in a public forum. Im quite certain that folks are looking for solid, correct answers....NOT speculation. BTW....you make me laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.