Interlux Perfection Colour Suggestions

ryan_eyres

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hi all,

I'm in the process of repainting my 17' boat hull and deck. So far I've prepped it, and it has 3 coats of Interlux Epoxy PrimeKote on it that have been sanded smooth and she's ready for some Perfection.

I would like to do it in a white colour, with a 12" wide blue stripe just below the belt line or rub rail. The boat will have some teak accents on it (deck strips, rear swim grid).

I'm wondering what colours of white and blue to use.
Anyone out there have any suggestions, or pics of their boats? I'm leaning towards Flag Blue and Oyster White. I'm a little worried that the Oyster white will be too yellow? Anybody have a pic of this or their boat painted with Perfection?

Thanks in advance,

-Ryan

Soundbounder

Banned
Re: Interlux Perfection Colour Suggestions

You can't go wrong with Flag Blue.
As for the Oyster White, I don't think it is too yellow. But what is important is what the rest of the boat is. If there is pure white on another section of the boat, the oyster white will look "yellowish" in comparison to it. Does that make sense??? If the seats, hatches, coaming etc are pure white, the oyster white will contrast with that.
But if you dont have pure white elsewhere on the boat, the Oyster White will look nice.
I will see if I can find some examples. If I find some, I will post a link here.

ryan_eyres

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Thanks for the reply Soundbounder. That's what I was thinking. The boat's interior will be pearl white with navy blue inserts and baby blue pinstriping with dark grey coloured carpeting. There will be some spots where the pearl white butts up against the oyster white at the top of the side panels, but I think this will be ok because it's a different enough colour. What do you think?

Anybody have any pics of these Colours or similar?

Thanks in advance,
-Ryan

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Ryan, becareful with WHITE, it will reflect and blind you. oyster will look almost pure white in the sun.

ryan_eyres

Petty Officer 3rd Class

TD, I've read this about white, but all the boats I've used in my past have had white decks and I guess I've just gotten used to it. The Oyster White will be the least bright of any boats i've used, so I figure that'll be ok.
I also plan to wrap the dash with matching navy blue vinyl if I can get it to form to the contours. Which brings me to my next post..

-Ryan

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

If i were you id get a paint chart with actual colors and make a side to side comparison....sometime's its best to trust the female in this part of the equation..;)