Interior pics of Chieftain/Starchief/Islander

erwinner

Petty Officer 1st Class
As I'm sitting around waiting for the old sternum to heal up, so I can get to work on my Chieftain, I've been contemplating the interior of the cabin. The sink and something else have been removed from mine. I'm thinking there may have been a small walled off head on the other side from the sink, but I haven't seen too many pics of the inside of a 21' Chieftain, or any of the Starcraft cabins for that matter. I'm not sure if that's what was there, but I'm pretty sure there was a little sink/icebox/maybe stove because there's a thru-hull on that side, as well as a fill for a fresh water tank on the gunwale. I'd like to see what other options were put in the cabins near the wall so I can figure out what I want to do with mine. Any pictures y'all may have of the insides of your cabins, stock or modified, would be greatly appreciated!

erwinner

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Interior pics of Chieftain/Starchief/Islander

Lucky you! I'd love a 25'!!! I've found a few good pics in the catalogs but would love to see some of yours when you get it. Just look how huge that cabin is compared to the 22' and 18' in the last picture!
I think this is exactly what my 21' Chieftain had originally, but it's not the greatest shot...
scan0008.jpg

I hadn't seen the '76 catalog. It's cool that it's just of the cruisers. They compare the 18', 22', and 25' interiors side by side.
76page2.jpg

And have all the cruisers side by side.
76page10insidebackcover.jpg

That Capri sport has to be the ugliest piece of itchy fiberglass I've ever seen, yet I'm still strangely drawn to it! MBS knows no difference between 'glass and tin.
Has anyone on the forum had a Chieftain Express? Looks like a cross between the Chieftain and Islander...

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Dood, that is pretty much a house in a boat:eek::D

Stevens520

Petty Officer 1st Class

er:don't worry, I'll be posting plenty of pics when I get it. It should be home tomorrow.:D
Tundra:I caught that thread, and found it very useful. It's a shame that the fellow had to get rid of his boat.I may wind up doing a full restoration thread on the 25; funds permitting.:)