Interesting viewpoint...

crunch

Commander
This lady may be spot-on.... read the whole piece, I know it's long (3 pages) and keep it in mind for the last part of this month.

It should be recalled that the timing of last summer's war was anything but a coincidence. At the time, Iran ordered Hizbullah to attack Israel two days before the G-8 summit where the world leaders were poised to condemn Iran for refusing to cease its uranium enrichment activities, and a week before the International Atomic Energy Agency was scheduled to refer Iran's nuclear program to the UN Security Council.

So too, today, the escalation of enemy incitement and operations is anything but random. On February 21, IAEA inspectors are scheduled to report to the Security Council that in defiance of Resolution 1737 from two months ago, Iran has not ceased its uranium enrichment activities. In the wake of this report, the sanctions set out in the resolution are supposed to be firmly enforced.

On the Iraqi front, hostilities between the US and Iran escalate daily and signs abound that the much awaited US offensive in Baghdad is about to start. If successful, the offensive will seriously weaken Iranian proxy forces in that country and similarly weaken Iran's influence over the Iraqi government.

All in all, a two-front war against Israel would go a long way towards advancing Iran's interests today.

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?apage=1&cid=1170359817126&pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull

ricksrster

Commander
Re: Interesting viewpoint...

I fear the war that is brewing is going to be a BIG one. A REAL BIG one.

crunch

Commander

Rick, this started out as a pimple on the azz of the world in the 60's... it has become a boil, that if not lanced, drained, packed, and treated with anti-biotic will grow to poison the whole system.

What the answer is, I don't know. What I do know is that if left un-treated it will only grow... and sometimes radical treatment is the only solution.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

customk? are you historically deprived? in the 60's Iran was on the US best buddy list.
in fact we installed the govt of Iran in the 50's. or did you sleep through that history lesson ?

custom, the more you post the more your lack of history/reading coprehension shows. best quit before you it or attain the 3rd grade level, after that the words get big and have multiple syllables.