Installing Stator on 1990 50hp Force.

jasper astro

Petty Officer 3rd Class
After pulling the flywheel, exposing the stator, What am i to look for to determine if it is bad. I have a new stator coming in and i am preparing for surgery on the stator and power pack.<br />I was told by the local shop that there was no continuity readings at all off the stator, and trigger. I had the trigger replaced at the shop, and they insisted the stator was bad. <br />I believe i was taken to the cleaners at the shop, so i went ahead and ordered my parts for a fraction of the cost of there parts. My parts and manual come in tommarow and i am getting prepared.<br />Thanks......jas......

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: Installing Stator on 1990 50hp Force.

May be no visible signs of failure, or may have some melted areas. You should get a resistance (ohm) reading .5 - 1.0 ohm according to my manual, but check your manual when it gets there. If you get a high number, its bad.

jasper astro

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Thans roscoe, I now have a ohm meter and my parts just made it in at the house. I will check the old one before i take it apart, just for curiosity, and will look for anything out of the ordinary.<br />I will get to work first thing in the morning, maybe i will get to spend a day off on the lake, instead of throwing tools in the back yard....thanks....jas....

lovemusic

Recruit
Re: Installing Stator on 1985 125hp Force.

Re: Installing Stator on 1985 125hp Force.

Help! After I remove the flywheel and Stator to check any wires damaged, because my enginee ran very rough at idle speed. But now I forgot the position to insert the stator back.. If you know please let me know.
Thanks

aff

Cadet

Did you figure it out? I am installing a new stator and would like to know as the new one is a bit different