Info on Humber Jewel Boat?

Jewel1964

Cadet
Does anyone have information on Humber Jewel Ski boats made in the early 60's. I have one and would like to more about it. <br />Also, I am trying to find one with a windshield (they were palstic and did not stand the test of time) so I can get some measurements/pictures and attempt to make my own.

Chinewalker

Fleet Admiral
Re: Info on Humber Jewel Boat?

Hi Jewel1964,<br /> A friend of mine has one, although it's in rough shape and not complete. Very strange looking hull shape! They were built in Canada, but I don't know exactly where. I think he's done a little bit of research into them.<br /> Might want to post the query over at Fiberglassics.com where he's been known to lurk from time to time. <br /><br />- Scott

james33

Seaman Apprentice

I have a 1972 humber jewel and i contacted john from the company and he said hed ship me brand new windshield for 300$.

AMD Rules

Lieutenant Commander

Jewel1964,

The humber jewel has been resurrected, and is currently in production again. They are appearing at the local shows here in Ontario, and located in the Muskokas. Great storyline behind the latest production venture.

Here's thier new site:

http://www.humberboats.ca/hmain.htm

I've had some contact with John from Humber boats. He is very enthusiastic about them, and has teamed up with Gordon Bay Marine to show them off.

In 2006 his boats were running just shy of $7k CDN. Not sure what he is asking for them these days.

No doubt, John can fill you in on a lot of info about the Jewel. If you email him I'm sure he will add you to his regular list for email updates. I get an email every few months from them letting us know how they are doing, and whats new.

Good luck!

61%20Flyersm.jpg

Humber Jewel

Recruit

Hi there Jewel1964,

As AMD mentioned, Humber Boats is indeed back in business. I do sell replacement windshields for the Jewel. If yours is a 1964 model, you likely have the round nose version. The windshields I build are ideally suited toward the later square nose model but can be modified without much trouble to fit the round nose.

My website is correct as quoted above, or to see my full product line, go to www.humberboats.ca and then click on the red Jewel.

If you have any questions about your Jewel, don't hesitate to call, my phone number can be found on my company's website.

Thanks!

John Rowley,
President
Humber Boats.

slickster2

Seaman

Does anyone have information on Humber Jewel Ski boats made in the early 60's. I have one and would like to more about it. <br />Also, I am trying to find one with a windshield (they were palstic and did not stand the test of time) so I can get some measurements/pictures and attempt to make my own.

hi there i to have the same problem no windshield if you get info please let me know ty