In need of an older sea chart....

bobber head

Petty Officer 2nd Class
...something in the Virgins would be bestest!<br /><br />I say "older" because that would mean it's just laying around somewhere gathering dust and I might be able to snap it up cheaply. (I hope I hope)<br /><br />The deal is, I'd like to cut my teeth on a paper chart (read: inexpensively) instead of buying a new one (read:OUCH!) and then IF I do, indeed, go cruising - assumeing I can learn to read one - I'll just have to turn around and buy yet another one.<br /><br />Any old paper chart would do, and I'll pay you double if I can have it here yesterday.<br /><br />Thanks, Bobberhead<br /><br />PS, I bought "Chapmans" yesterday and instantly knew why it's in it's 90000 printing. Highly recomended by me and I haven't even got past the introduction yet.<br /><br />Moderator: sorry if I've plopped this in the wrong place, as it does has something to do with boats.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: In need of an older sea chart....

Howdy, BH.<br /><br />Skimp on some things, but not on learning how to stay alive.<br /><br />When you take the Seamanship and Piloting course from the US Power Squadron or the equivalent from the USCG Auxilary, they will supply you with a chart to learn with.<br /><br />Good luck. :)