Ignition key is now dead

tavett

Seaman Apprentice
i've been secretly reading you guys posts for a couple of weeks now. i've just bought a 1987 bayliner cobra 125 force. my tilt indicator was the only thing not working, so i accidently touched a hotwire to the wrong post of my tilt gauge. now there's nothing on my key ignition switch........ no dashlights, no fuel gauge, no batt.ind., no start, no nothing. i looked under the engine cowling and reset circuit breaker. please guys, i need help. i haven't even got to put it on the water yet. thanx

Bigprairie1

Commander
Re: Ignition key is now dead

Welcome to the forum, there are lots of helpful people here hopefully you will be able to get some good answers for your problem.:)
What you should do is post this enquiry to the motor repair Force/Chrysler area. It sounds like this is more of a motor/ignition issue than a Bayliner issue. Some of the guys in there are very very knowledgeable.
As for your problem you should have a fuse block up under the dash. If so, you should pull and check all the fuses and see if any have been toasted. That would be the place to start.
Good Luck
BP:cool:

tavett

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Ignition key is now dead

Thanks so much for the fast Reply. Going now to post this where you suggested.