If your having a suspected fuel problem, read this first

braindead0

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: If your having a suspected fuel problem, read this first

If you can, eat it!!!!!!!!!!
Are you saying that SeaFoam is a good condiment? Or perhaps a marinade as well?<br /><br />yumm, petroleum products...hmmmm... :D

Wellcraft 89

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I think I'm going on a Sea Foam and eat it diet!<br /><br />Somebody kill this thread!!!!!! :D :p :rolleyes: :eek:

andrewkafp

Lieutenant Commander

All this Seafoam (R) talk and they don't even sell it here :p :p <br />How, 'bout y'all send me a can and I'll do some research and get back to ya ??? :D :D

gss036

Commander

I hate to jump into this. Merc.greae rag is just trolling all the forums with this same story and pushing SeaFoam. I use the stuff. But this is getting to be a joke as it is being taken on this string. Enough is enough!!!!! Good nite.

ZmOz

Captain

He's not "trolling the forum". He's telling people how good this product is and hoping to save someone alot of work. What is he getting out of it? It's not like he's the one selling it... :rolleyes:

andrewkafp

Lieutenant Commander

Unicorn awaits delivery :confused: :confused:

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

SeaFoam and similar products are <br /><br />Ah nevermind.<br /><br />But one question, How ya gonna decarb your cylinders, rings, and heads if you don't use a product like SeaFoam?<br /><br />Ever seen an engine with a stuck ring?, low compression?, broken ring?, scored walls?, caused by 2 cycle carbon build-up? I have and it ain't pretty. But periodic decarbing of the engine will prevent it.<br /><br />Oh yeah, iboats already sells a similar product, Valvtech. <br /><br /> http://www.iboats.com/mall/index.cg...&cart_id=600382876&current_category=ring free

Fouled Plug

Ensign

I use the stuff, and like it. Miracle in a can? Nope. Decarb, fuel stabilizer, water remover? Yes, it is. Those alone make it worthwhile to keep around. If you've never tried it, give it a shot. ( before moaning about how worthless it is! :D ) It's a great multi-use product for specific purposes. It may on occasion unstick a carb float or de-gunk a needle/seat, but it's no substitute for mechanical repair. Then again, it never claimed to be. Happy SeaFoaming! :)

streadway

Seaman

nothing like a complete set of tools a hammer a chisel and a can of seafoam.

rockytop93

Seaman

in this part of the country, southwest missouri, O'rielly auto parts sells seafoam. It works well for me

tailgunner

Petty Officer 3rd Class

In MA, nobody carries it. I wrote to the manufacturer and have heard nothing back.

braindead0

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Try True Value hardware, a couple of them here in Ohio carry it.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

one thing I don't see mentioned is how it can<br />help clear a partially clogged exhaust. this<br />is a very common problem on old outboards and<br />it can be very difficult to trace. to me,<br />it is more to decarb than to clean fuel system.