idle problems

gelee

Cadet
I have a volvo 3.0 with a 2 bl demon carb.Can not get it to idle below 1000 rpms.Have in the past had to drill small holes in throttle plates to get good idle on 2 bl holleys.Any info would help { demon is a spin off of the 2300 holley}

Fishermark

Vice Admiral
Re: idle problems

Is your Demon a marine carb? It may be time for a rebuild. You certainly do not have to drill holes in the throttle plate to make it run right. :eek:

bomar76

Lieutenant Commander

Plenty of marine approved 4 bbl Demon carbs out there (Holley clones) but I have never seen a marine 2 bbl Demon.

Post pics.

45Auto

Commander

The boat is a 2009 with about ten hours.

Do you have any kind of warranty on it? If so, it's the manufacturer's problem, not yours. I can imagine what they'll say when you can't get it to idle down and bring it in for warranty work and they see the holes drilled in the carb .....

bomar76

Lieutenant Commander

I would bet you it didn't come from Volvo with a Demon (Barry Grant) carb on it.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I would bet you it didn't come from Volvo with a Demon (Barry Grant) carb on it.

Obviously not a Volvo person.
Volvos do use Demon carbs.

To the OP. Check with your Volvo dealer, there are a couple of service bulletins affecting the Demon carbs. Depending on your SN it may or may not be affected.

bomar76

Lieutenant Commander

Obviously not a Volvo person.
Volvos do use Demon carbs.

To the OP. Check with your Volvo dealer, there are a couple of service bulletins affecting the Demon carbs. Depending on your SN it may or may not be affected.

Got me there.....I never in a million years would have thought Barry Grant was supplying 2bbl carbs for Volvo.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Got me there.....I never in a million years would have thought Barry Grant was supplying 2bbl carbs for Volvo.

LOL, don't you just hate when that happens.

PS: Planning a trip to W Jeff this summer sometime. So, be prepared :eek:

bomar76

Lieutenant Commander

LOL, don't you just hate when that happens.

PS: Planning a trip to W Jeff this summer sometime. So, be prepared :eek:

Don I would be honored to buy you one or thirty beers at the Red Brick ;)