idiot sail boat prep

sw33ttooth

Chief Petty Officer
yesturday i went to the launch, this particular launch has a rigging areas on both sides of the road, you can only rig sailboats on the side of the launch, some dum consumers company put telephone wires to low and sometimes you see a mast hit them its funny. there is also only about 25 parking spots on the lake side then you must cross the road.

any way, when i get there this sail boat is sitting in line like its waiting but i can see there is a dock open, i am not ready, but i am faster and his mast is still down so i go around him and back in the launch, park got a good spot on the same side as the launch so i dont have to run across the road. i putt out and have fun i put on 20 miles left about 10:45 and got back about 1:00 so i was out for quite awaile.

get back to the dock this dam sail boat still sits in the same spot mast down when i left they were fiddeling with lines and i come back there still on deck fiddleing with lines. now i might have offered to help them if i knew anything at all about putting sails on and mast up but i do not, i've seen people do it in 5 minuites so i know its not difficult. he blocked the rigging area for over 2 hours when he could have parked across the road and done nothnig or parked in a parking spot. i use the handicap spot when i pull my boat out, only takes a few minuites to shut everything off double check and put the cover on and handicap is always empty. as i left i seen in the rear veiw mirror the mast was 3/4 way up so he must have been close.

now i ask was he in the right or wrong to sit there for 2+ hours or not because its technically a rigging area and thats what he did for 2 hours.

NHGuy

Captain
Re: idiot sail boat prep

He was a newbie, or dumb, or did it wrong the first couple of times. But you're right. He could have gotten his rigging gear ready in a different spot before blocking others.
Sometimes you don't have the whole story, so who knows.