Identify exhaust tips for repair/replacement

ba5e

Seaman
Can you help? They have a large Q on the rubber splash flaps, but I can't find any other markings on them.image.jpg

hivoltg

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Identify exhaust tips for repair/replacement

Looks like Corsa Q 6.5" Exhaust Tips and flappers to me.

Last edited:

alldodge

Staff member

Can you help? They have a large Q on the rubber splash flaps, but I can't find any other markings on them.View attachment 206975

Agree with hivoltg but will add, they are the non-muffler type tips. Originally made for Baja but used on other brands. The ones you find now have mufflers unless someone has old stock. You can go to Corsa and put in year, make, eng and they will supply the full part number for a replacement. Can also tell you if they have or can make them

Corsa Baja Boat Exhaust Tips (Pair)6.5 Inch | Great Lakes Skipper

Fun Times

Staff member

If they happen not to be Corsa, then they also could be Mercruiser/Quicksilver part number 42-821188A 1, Photo(s) - Mercury Quicksilver 42-821188A 1 MUFFLER - MarineEngine.com

And rubber flapper number 34765A 2 For 3 in.(76 mm) O.D. exhaust outlets, 1 flapper in kit.
Or 12644A 1 For 4 in.(102 mm) O.D. exhaust outlets, 1 flapper in kit.

Since the flappers have a large Q on them, that typically indicates they are Quicksilver.

alldodge

Staff member

Mercruiser is manufacturing exhaust tips

ba5e

Seaman

Great, thanks for the help!!!

Looks like Fun Times was right, I looked inside and they have a large baffle inside. Also, they are relatively quiet (in relation to through prop!!!)

Is there any way to modify these to make them louder? They are connected to corsa's so I can switch between loud/quiet. I was wondering if this is a good idea, as maybe the baffle design also protects against backswell when coming off the plane etc.

alldodge

Staff member

Instead of getting an opinion just call or email Corsa
Phone: 800-486-0999 / Fax: (440) 891-1868
E-Mail: sales@corsaperformance.com

ba5e

Seaman

Instead of getting an opinion just call or email Corsa
Phone: 800-486-0999 / Fax: (440) 891-1868
E-Mail: sales@corsaperformance.com

Thanks AllDodge for the contact details. The reason I asked is the exhaust tips do not appear to be Corsa products, so I don't think they can help me.

alldodge

Staff member

Thanks AllDodge for the contact details. The reason I asked is the exhaust tips do not appear to be Corsa products, so I don't think they can help me.

Never heared of Merc manufacturing exhaust tips, just like they don't manufacture blocks, heads, and other items. Give Merc a call and let me know what they tell you. Have a good one