iboats on Safari

CatTwentyTwo

Chief Petty Officer
For the last 6 or 7 days every time I open this site my Safari browser locks up and I have to force quit to get out of it. Anyone else having this issue?
The site works fine using Chrome.

Rick Stephens

Admiral
I'm always using Safari. Try clearing cache. If that doesn't work, dump it and reinstall.

RIck

CatTwentyTwo

Chief Petty Officer
Thanks for the reply, from Safari preferences I cleared the things that looked to be related to iboats but that made no difference.
What do you mean by dump it and reinstall?
By the way, I'm using the new El Capitan if that makes any difference.

toneeees

Administrator
Unfortunately, I do not have a mac and can't test this to reproduce the error. Are you doing any specific action on the website when this happens? Or is it just when you're browsing through the forum?

Rick Stephens

Admiral
So I haven't done more than start testing El Cap. I have a Mac related business, build storage for photographers and videographers, so I spend lots and lots of time testing. El Cap is new enough that I am barely touching the surface. I can't yet run day to day on El Capitan because several of my necessary applications don't yet run on 10.11.

When I say dump it, I mean toss in the trash and reinstall. But it looks like that was faulty information as Apple doesn't let us download Safari as a stand alone application. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204416

Make sure you run the latest El Cap updates, there is already a 10.11.1 update. Along with that is a new update for Safari.

Rick

southkogs

Staff member
I haven't bumped up to El Capitan yet. Safari 9.0.1 gives me no problems with the forums at all (it's my "daily driver" browser).

CatTwentyTwo

Chief Petty Officer
Apple installed the El Capitan update today but that made no difference. I have iboats on my favorites bar and as soon as I click on it and the site opens, the screen freezes up and I get that colored pinwheel. The only way to get out of it is to force quit Safari. I installed the Safari update last month and had no problem for several weeks. I was searching the internet for boat covers yesterday and when I clicked on the iboats store it did the same thing.

Thanks for the help guys, I was really hoping it wasn't something on my end as I'm a complete dufus when it comes to computers.
I'll just use Chrome for for now as iboats works fine with that.

Rick Stephens

Admiral
No Title

Only thing you can do is run the Clear History and Website Data command and hope that the problem is in there. It is as likely as anything to resolve it.

Attachments

• photo233310.png
    photo233310.png
    80 KB · Views: 0

CatTwentyTwo

Chief Petty Officer
I'll be darned, that seems to have worked. I'm posting from Safari now, thanks a bunch.
And thanks for the picture too, that always helps.

Last edited by a moderator: