iboats marine store

pole position

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Just wanted to say what a pleasure it is to shop through this site; I ordered some snappy teak cleaner on 1/18 late afternoon and it arrived this afternoon. I was surprised with the speed of delivery.Thanks again iboats.

Re: iboats marine store

yes but are they cheeper then west marine? i haven't ordered from here i'm not sure if i will. i like going to the store and see what im getting before i get it.

Fisherball

Chief Petty Officer

West Marine is your high profit boating supply store! They price items like they are the only source in the world. I bought trailer guides from iboats & saved $30.00 even with the shipping cost included over West Marine. I will go to West Marine to look at an item then order it online for much less cash. I have never had a problem with anything from iboats.

rockyrude

Lieutenant Junior Grade

The way I look at it, if iboats is even 15% higher, I'll buy it here since they have sponsored this forum for us.

Woodnaut

Chief Petty Officer

I've had only good experiences ordering from this site.

Dolfan0925

Seaman

Ya everything at West is more expensive than anywhere else. I'm sure it's all high quality stuff, but I only paid $900 for my boat. :)

Yacht Dr.

Vice Admiral

Just wanted to say what a pleasure it is to shop through this site; I ordered some snappy teak cleaner on 1/18 late afternoon and it arrived this afternoon. I was surprised with the speed of delivery.Thanks again iboats.

Hello pole P..

I for one thank you for supporting the site here.. ( NO I have never ordered from Iboats .. nor am I affiliated with them in Any way aside from posting on there Free Forums :) ).

I get my stuff locally..and in Bulk ( We are fortunate to have suppliers Very near by ) so Its not needed for Me..

Worst Marin is high priced .. but if you have nobody to goto for " have it Right now " or " there the only one who "has it" to get the job done...I buy it..

Im actually looking at prices vs. time and delivery..

YD.

PS. IF you got the snappy teaknu..be carefull..that stuff will eat the wood like acid ( oh yea..its a 2 part acid ;) ). Sanding might be a better choice.. Pics ?

dccordell

Chief Petty Officer

I must say I love iboats, from the forums to being able to look up parts. The only beef I have with their marine store is on the last two times I had built up a shopping cart of stuff to buy and when I went to calculate shipping it said the parts were coming from more than one warehouse so I would have to pay shipping from both. I can understand that, but after paying shipping twice, it's not worth it. And HIGH shipping, around the likes of $15 for a gasket.. what? It weighs less than 1lb and folded in a small box? Anyways... I have ordered before and had great experience those times. Maybe I was just looking at harder-to-find parts those last couple times.

Loving the forums.... :)

Beefer

Lieutenant Commander

I've had the same experience when ordering from iboats; got it quicker then they said, and way quicker then expected.

West Marine is over-priced. Period. But, all marine supply sources seem to be. I live in a boater's paradise, and even here it's limited in the selection of marine supply stores. If it's a 'need it now' item, I will check the WM price, and then go to a mom & pop marine supply place and see if they have it. If they do (and it's a quality brand), I'll buy it. If they don't, the WM is a few blocks further then that place. As far as WM having top quality, I don't believe there stuff is any better then anyone else's, especially a brand item.

When it's an item that I'll use in conjunction with 'a round tuit', I'll either order it here, or for the pricey stuff, grab it on ebay.

I'm very price conscious, and I find iboats to be consistently less expensive then WM and most online retailers. As for the double shipping on a shopping cart where items are coming from different warehouses, I sift through my order, and eliminate (when possible) items so that they all come from the same location. Kinda works.

All in all, iboats is a GREAT place for all things boating, from shared knowledge on these forums, to researching parts, to quality products at a fair price. iboats ROCKS!!!

jayhanig

Master Chief Petty Officer

I get my stuff in all kinds of places. Sometimes I go to the local West Marine store whe I need instant gratification. Of course, I have to pay sales tax when I do. I've gotten excellent service from both Overton's and Iboat. It blows me away how quickly things show up... generally in two days; sometimes the next day. You just can't beat that.

Dolfan0925

Seaman

I live in a boater's paradise, and even here it's limited in the selection of marine supply stores.

SERIOUSLY! I live 20 minutes from the ocean, 25 minutes from a fishing town. Boats EVERYWHERE, and West is just about the only store around. It's either West or the boat half-aisle in Walmart.

My only issue with iboats is I can't arrange items by price. Could just be me.