I wanna "get into the game" questions..

pdonohue01

Cadet
Re: I wanna "get into the game" questions..

Hi Bob,
It is still going but I am really enjoying "the search". My wife has given me the "green light" to bid or purchase one but based on the advice from others and the self-education, I don't want to make a compulsive buy. There are many nice boats out there and I have been emailing several dealers back and forth. One thing is for sure, I will most certainly post my purchase here. I can't wait to get into the boating community and be a part of it.
Till then, just doing time in Tallil.
Patrick

Big Bubba

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Patrick,
Please post pictures on here. I would love to see it. Yeap, you and your family will like it. I wish I was home now enjoying my pontoon boat with them. But until then I will play in the desert sand until I get home next year, LOL.:)

pdonohue01

Cadet

Yeah, I saw that and I know those are good boats but there are other manufacturers out there who make quality boats and they were not even rated by JD Powers (like JC Pontoon). I am not sure why but can only figure that maybe they only rate boats with a certain volume of sales or production.

pdonohue01

Cadet

Well, I know it has been awhile since I have posted but I was waiting until I got home so I could see the boats up close and really take a good look at them. I am very happy to report that I am home and today made my first boat purchase near my home. After narrowing my search down to 3 different boats I decided on a 2007 Aqua Patio 22RE3, with a Yamaha 90HP 4S, and Tandem axle (bunk style) trailer. The boat itself is new and has never been in the water. The motor is an:) 06, slightly used but looks new. We hooked it up to the computer and ran it on muffs and it passed with flying colors. The dealer is also giving me a warranty on the motor thru Oct. 2010. The trailer is brand new, tandem axle with a step ladder, galvanized. We love the boat already and now I am just waiting for Spring when I can launch her. Thank you to all of the people who gave me sound advice and to iboats for providing this site.
Patrick

likalar

Petty Officer 1st Class

Congrats on the new boat! Sounds like a nice package, especially with the warranty thru the next summer. Enjoy!
Larry

pdonohue01

Cadet

Ok, I am home for good now and wanted to post some pictures of the boat. Just waiting for Spring...
Patrick

Attachments

• think spring.JPG
    think spring.JPG
    110.1 KB · Views: 0
  • SDC10144.JPG
    SDC10144.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 0
  • SDC10155.JPG
    SDC10155.JPG
    112.9 KB · Views: 0

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

That looks like a heck of a nice toon!

Big Bubba

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Patrick,
Welcome home and WOW!!!!!! love the new pontoon boat. You did good and you will get some GREAT!!!!! enjoyment out of her. I can't wait for the warm months to enjoy my pontoon boat. Take care, bob:)

pdonohue01

Cadet

Thanks - it is great to be home but I am not use to the low temps here and of course can't wait to launch her sometime in April.
Big Bubba - when is your tour finished?
Take good care and be safe.
Patrick

Plumberbutt

Cadet

I finally joined up so I could see your pictures....I just HAD to check them out. AWSOME pictures!!!! I even loved your red purse!!!! Have fun and thanks for serving.

pdonohue01

Cadet

Thanks Plumber-butt! And here all along I thought the purse clashed with the boat and shop-vac. :D

pdonohue01

Cadet

Alright. I just re-visited this old initial post from when I was deployed in Iraq. I am home for good and have launched the boat now 3 times (all successful), and wanted to post a few pictures. We have decided to name the boat, "Soggy Bottoms" and it is going to be a fun season. Also a shout out to my boat dealer, "Ducky's Boats" who have been great to work with and very upstanding throughout my purchase and launching of Soggy Bottoms. They are located in Middletown, PA and have my vote and confidence and would recommend them to anyone.
Patrick
Commander: Soggy Bottoms
SDC10151.JPG

SDC10374.JPG

SDC10402.JPG

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Howdy neighbor! Where do you typically boat? Very nice toon!

pdonohue01

Cadet

Howdy EZ.
I see you are in York. I keep Soggy Bottoms at Long level. Seems like a great place to boat on and only about 30 min from where I live up near Hershey. Planning to take it to Lake Wallenpaupack for a week over the summer.
Patrick

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Cool! Yeah I'm in York (just a little north actually in Mount Wolf) and boat at Long Level or Conowingo. I work in Harrisburg. Long Level gets crazy on the weekends. Conowingo is dead all the time and is at least 3 times the size.