I think I went mod crazy

G

Re: I think I went mod crazy

NEW PLAN: scraped the command center until it is fully complete. I ordered 20ft jumper cables and a 12v adapter with aligator clips. I believe this 20ft cables that will connect to my car will be good enough for the air pump and bilge pump. This will be used until i complete my command center with a fishfinder. These cables will also be good if i am parked head in and need a boost
Amazon.com: Capri Tools Heavy-Duty Auto Jumper Cables - 20Ft Length - Heavy 4-Gauge Wire with Storage Bag: Automotive
Amazon.com: HobbyZone Alligator Clip: 12V Lighter Adapter: Toys & Games

ronaldj

Senior Chief Petty Officer

NEW PLAN: scraped the command center until it is fully complete. I ordered 20ft jumper cables and a 12v adapter with aligator clips. I believe this 20ft cables that will connect to my car will be good enough for the air pump and bilge pump. This will be used until i complete my command center with a fishfinder. These cables will also be good if i am parked head in and need a boost
Amazon.com: Capri Tools Heavy-Duty Auto Jumper Cables - 20Ft Length - Heavy 4-Gauge Wire with Storage Bag: Automotive
Amazon.com: HobbyZone Alligator Clip: 12V Lighter Adapter: Toys & Games

Why not just use the Jumper Box for $10 more

G

Why not just use the Jumper Box for $10 more

the jumper box is to much maintenance. Charging, then something might break on the inside. Sinister had his jumper box and it failed on us for some reason. Cables do not require any maintenance. Plug it up and use and abuse those wires no charging no nothing just need to make sure i do not start setting up to far from vehicle.

ronaldj

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Sorry to hear that.
I hope he didn't forget to charge it.
I'm working on another mod I will pm you the info

Sinistre1

Petty Officer 1st Class

No. I "charged" it. It was defective. Took it back for a new one yesterday. Guy asked if I want an EXTENDED warranty. .. I said no thanks..m I'm not sure if it will make it to the end of the regular warranty! Lol

Fedor

Cadet

new mod.
Command center first step. I bought a stanley small tool box from walmart (checked home depot and did not like the selection. I was looking for a tool kit that had the accessory opening on the top. I ran a clip connection to a yellow top battery that i keep inside. The battery was a perfect fit plus i secured it with heavy duty velcro. So i will only have to open the tool box to charge. I plan to run more wires to the other accessory part on the right so i will be able to charge my cell phone or connect other gadgets. So far the connection i have will power my new bilge pump (thanks sinister) to wash my boat or to get access water out of my boat.
View attachment 231227View attachment 231228View attachment 231229

this is what i am planning to have
http://forums.iboats.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=227568&d=1396581687

G

I love the way the rod holders are setup. My only concern the outboat hitting my rod when turning (which even happens now. I rubbed a little paint of my cowl). The tool box seems a very big and I would hate to carry something that big every trip. If you plan on doing that then I would love to see it. I am trying to figure out how to minimize the load instead of adding one. I am still trying to figure out how to my an air floor for my boat for cheap.

Last edited:
G

150psi max damn lol. I do not see a way to connect our valve connectors unless we customize something

JohnnyRudeClassics

Petty Officer 3rd Class

yeah, the 150 psi is overkill for sure,
I'm more interested in the 150 liters / min
( ~ 5.2 cu ft / min )
a bit low for 1st stage of inflation, but for
topping off the main tubes to 3.6 psi and
the keel to 5.1 psi, it would be perfect.

Should work fine for drop stitch floors and
inflatable Stand Up Paddleboards.

BTW: the best 12 volt air compressor HFT currently sells
only has about 1/5th the output volume (~1 cu ft / min).

I've heard that you do not want to use a compressor
to inflate due to something about moisture, maybe
one day I will have a problem due to it, but I am on
my 5th season with the iSUP and have not noticed
anything unusual using my 5 HP / 30 Gallon Tank
120 Volt AC unit.

Here is a photo of my air compressor to iSUP inflation valve adapter,
hopefully the annotations clue in anyone interesting in constructing
one enough so they could put it together ( [of course] I had most of
this stuff laying around the shop )
iSUP_InflationAdapter-Anotated.jpg
( not sure of the best wording for air chuck vs air line chuck vs air line quick connect vs quick coupler )
'works great to get my iSUP up to 14.7 psi in a jiffy.

Note: I put the Female Air Line Chuck on the Tee / iSUP Pressure Gauge
so that I could still, sort of, use the gauge by itself.

Now I just need that USA importer who will ship that 150 liters/min 12 volt
compressor to me for $50 or less.

Last edited: