I have the "lift" blues...please help!

gsxr150

Seaman
OK guys, here's my situation. I have a Larson LXI 208, which weighs in about 3400 pounds. Currently I have it sitting in the water at a dock I borrowing. The home owner said I could put a lift in if it's portable. A full size lift is pretty much out of the question. He suggested that I get a narrow pontoon lift and put bunks on it, but I'm not sure that can be done.

Simply put, do I have any options for a narrow lift, or something easy to remove at the end of the season? Air bag lift...seems like an expensive pain? EZ docks look nice but they won't support my boat. What else is out there?

Help!! Thanks

jgl1962

Cadet
Re: I have the "lift" blues...please help!

Search for aluminum boat lifts.Amazingly light. Brands escape me now. One that can safely hold your boat can be easily moved in and out by 2 people if the shore line in not too steep. Wheels help but not required

emoney

Commander

I've got one of your run-of-the-mill, 4 post lifts that's rated for 10,000lbs and i've got to tell you, even at that, I'm always a little "worried" in the back of my mind. It's not at all anything I'd considered "portable". Just make sure it's something that is secure before anything else.

Now, having said that, I also know they make some rather strong davits and plenty of people use them. As far as "portability", I'd think they would be the way to go. My neighbor has both a lift like mine and davits and he's always lifting his 22' center console out with it. I'm sure it doesn't weigh what yours does, but I do know they make them.

Tahorover

Chief Petty Officer

Craigslist has tons of used lifts. I bought this 3 year old 4000lb front mount for $2200. It clamps to the dock.

Do you have tides? We have a 3' tide so it can't sit on the bottom.

Attachments

• Gar-Hoist.jpg
    Gar-Hoist.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 0
  • HH.jpg
    HH.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 0
  • HH-clamps.jpg
    HH-clamps.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 0

gsxr150

Seaman

Thank you guys for the posts! The search is on...right now she's sitting in the water getting dirty. :eek: