I have returned... with a Starcraft this time!

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Yesterday I explained all the costs for a deck redo to my buddy. He suggested just adding another layer of plywood, but I just raised my eyebrows and gave him "the look" and he knew I didn't want to go that route.

But THEN... he said I could just uninstall the existing plywood, flip it over, screw it back down, paint it and call it good! Extremely frugal!! :eek: :p

Hmmm... :eyebrows: :bolt:

I wonder if your buddy does that inside out flip that with his dirty underwear too? :lol:

jbcurt00

Staff member
I own 175 pairs, laundry is a semi-annual event, no recycling necessary......

No, married, NOT true.....

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
I think you're estimate on vinyl flooring cost may be a bit low especially if you use the Nautolex adhesive. There are posters here from time to time looking for parts for old cable steering systems so maybe throw 'em up on CL.

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
I think you're estimate on vinyl flooring cost may be a bit low especially if you use the Nautolex adhesive. There are posters here from time to time looking for parts for old cable steering systems so maybe throw 'em up on CL.

D'oh! I forgot about the adhesive! :facepalm:​ So even more expensive than I thought.

​Tomorrow I'm running the roads for doc appointments so I'll place an ad for the old cable and pulley steering system the day after. Maybe fittybux.

Patfromny

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I used rubber cement to hold down my nautelex. Been perfect for three years. Pretty cheap alternative. I replaced the keyboard on my laptop myself. Bought a new one online and the old one just pulled out from the top. It took 5 minutes

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
I used rubber cement to hold down my nautelex. Been perfect for three years. Pretty cheap alternative. I replaced the keyboard on my laptop myself. Bought a new one online and the old one just pulled out from the top. It took 5 minutes

I'm seriously doubting that I'll be putting much into the deck. If I do any repairs at all, I'll probably just repaint afterwards with porch paint again. Seems to hold up pretty well.

Computer- I've had the Dell for 7 years. Replaced the keyboard, battery twice, hard drive and most recently the speakers. Now the screen is having problems so it's time to move on.

Got the new laptop up and running yesterday. In the evening I went to transfer some pix and realized that it DOESN'T have built in Bluetooth. Not good. So I pulled the BT dongle from the Dell and installed it on the new HP. It only partially functions. Will be checking for new drivers but if I get no joy, I'll return the computer and get something else.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Why not transfer the pics over using a USB thumb drive, BT is slow as sin and even with double copy and pasting the USB would be faster.

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Ah. Sorry I wasn't clear. I'd taken a couple pix of KF stuff last night with my cell phone and wanted to BT them over to the new laptop. That's when I realized that it didn't have built in BT. I looked at so many computers that I lost track of what had what. And I made a semi-impulse buy for the HP while I was in Walmart. What "sold" me on the purchase was the 15 day no questions asked money back guarantee that WM offers for their computers.

​Been messing with the new laptop since I got home from my 1st doc appt this morning. Still no joy. Gonna take it back and get a bigger one. :D I do like the red color of this one but the bigger one is gold and has a touch screen, so that's stuff I can deal with I suppose. My wife and the boy like the idea of the touch screen.

​Once I get the new (newest?) laptop I'll be transferring all the files from the Dell to the new machine via Ethernet cable, pc to pc.

strokendiesel002

Petty Officer 1st Class
​No worries! Go ahead and post it on the Chief thread and we can tease all those Chief followers who'll think something's actually happening!! :lol:

Done and Done!

By the by, I just brought home a deck over trailer I built many years ago and the top deck is delaminating... initial thought was "shoot, it's a shame to spend the money on 3 sheets of 3/4" ply just to let it sit after this use for another however many years" then I thought of you asking about flipping your deck and thought, "SWEET!" now I just have to crawl underneath it in the daylight and see if it's worth doing. So thanks for letting me tag along, You may have just saved me some $$$

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Done and Done!

By the by, I just brought home a deck over trailer I built many years ago and the top deck is delaminating... initial thought was "shoot, it's a shame to spend the money on 3 sheets of 3/4" ply just to let it sit after this use for another however many years" then I thought of you asking about flipping your deck and thought, "SWEET!" now I just have to crawl underneath it in the daylight and see if it's worth doing. So thanks for letting me tag along, You may have just saved me some $$$

​Aw yeah, we're gonna need some pix of that for sure! :becky:

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
So here's one of the pix I took last night. This is the KF steering wheel shaft as seen from underneath.

I want to save the wooden console in one piece to use as a template for a replacement and that requires removing the steering wheel. And I don't want to destroy the wheel because I want to put it up for sale.

In order to get the wheel off, I need to remove the retaining ring (which I call a circlip) so that the shaft can be removed. Simple, yes? Of course not! :lol:

​The red dots are where the circlip pin holes are. First, I had to go to HF and buy circlip pliers. Done. Then just remove the circlip, right?

​Nahh... the pins on the pliers are too large in diameter for the holes in the circlip. Drill the holes larger, right? Yeahh... that hard spring steel just laughed at my drill bits! :yell:

So I need some ideas on how to get that ring off. :noidea:

strokendiesel002

Petty Officer 1st Class
haha, it's nothing special, just a 8x12 with a little truck box for storage. I was too cheap to buy a sled trailer, and was welding 50hrs/ week at that time, so I figured what's a couple extra hours for me to have my own trailer?! I'll snap a pic when I get home from work in a couple hours... with the lights, of course!