I have no prop

Stonegate

Recruit
So, I know that everybody wants to know what size and pitch prop I currently have and WOT speed and rpm in order to ask these questions. However, I have no propeller. Boat is a 1986 chaparral 195 XLC. Weight with nothing in it is approximately 2400 pounds. Mercruiser 260. Alpha one gen 1 outdrive. I’d like to go with a stainless prop. Does anybody have any idea what this boat would have come with?

Bondo

Staff member
So, I know that everybody wants to know what size and pitch prop I currently have and WOT speed and rpm in order to ask these questions. However, I have no propeller. Boat is a 1986 chaparral 195 XLC. Weight with nothing in it is approximately 2400 pounds. Mercruiser 260. Alpha one gen 1 outdrive. I’d like to go with a stainless prop. Does anybody have any idea what this boat would have come with?
Ayuh,....... Welcome Aboard,..... Try a 19", or 21" aluminum, 'n go from there,....

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
That is a very light boat for the size and engine. My 18ft with a v8 weighs about 1400kgs dry..
Anyway. Yeah. I’d start with a 19” see what happens. Depends on if your outdrive has a 1.47/1.5 ratio..or higher.

Stonegate

Recruit
Thanks guys. I found an old article written about the 200 xlc and it claims that boat had a
15 1/4 x 21 prop. Does that sound right? What would y’all recommend based on that?
I agree…pretty small boat for that engine. I’m ok with it though.

Bondo

Staff member
Thanks guys. I found an old article written about the 200 xlc and it claims that boat had a
15 1/4 x 21 prop. Does that sound right? What would y’all recommend based on that?
Ayuh,.... Find a 21" pitch, don't worry 'bout the diameter,.....

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Strange diameter for a standard issue 21” prop. The black max usual type prop of a 21” would have at least an inch less diameter I’d think.

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
A 5.7 is pretty much the Perfect size for that Boat. I suggest an Enertia for a Prop.

Stonegate

Recruit
Found a mercury mirage plus prop that we will try when the weather improves. Prop gods helped us make a selection that should work.