I hate daylight savings time, its getting dark earlier so they make it worse !

Oh what fun lets make it so its dark after work. Bummer this forum doesn't have a poll feature, thought it did, I would have bet "fall back" is universally hated.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Check your PMs

Acknowledge reciept and reply

I go to work in the dark and get home in the dark. An hour +/- makes little difference.

Move to Arizona.

There is a poll option

Baylinerchuck

Commander
Oh what fun lets make it so its dark after work. Bummer this forum doesn't have a poll feature, thought it did, I would have bet "fall back" is universally hated.

+1 for hating standard time. It really cuts into my evening archery hunting......difficult to git r dun after work.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Like a forum poll will make time changes go away. :facepalm:

DayCruiser

Ensign
This is "standard time" We just got through with Daylight Savings time. They do this in part so kids don't have to wait for the bus in the dark. Daylight savings time was put in place in part to save electricity

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I wish we would stay one way or the other. The change is worst then just picking one or the other. JMHO

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
since a good 50% of the countries use DST, I dont see it going anywhere. Especially since it just celebrated its 100th year

the farther south you live, the less an impact it has

or..... move to Arizona or parts of Indiana where they do not observer DST.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
As long as it DST. I too hate it when it gets dark an hr sooner. "Seems" to make a long winter even longer......... It's great when its dark by 5 and some days are sooner.....

WIMUSKY

Staff member
s

the farther south you live, the less an impact it has

How so, except the sun is hotter?

I used to think the same thing..... And was shocked when it was dark just as early in AL as it is up here in WI...

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
In the winter it stays light longer in the day that up north. Just like it's exactly the opposite in the summer.

For example, right now the sun sets later by around 10 minutes where you live vs where I live. Won't be that way in late December.

Last edited:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Right now there is a 6 min difference between where I live and Birmingham, AL.... I call that a wash... Just like 10mins........ :)

Last edited:

StarTed

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Daylight savings time is to get around contracts that specify working hours. It makes no difference for those working for themselves until they have to interface with others. Of course if you're a TV addict then you're affected by their scheduling.

I like the long summer daylight hours up north. Some parts of Alaska might just be pushing it too much.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Which part is the savings time and which part is real time? I have always been confused on this.

I like the fall back because I get an extra hour of sleep, at least in my pathetic brain.

I work for myself and usually from dark til dark so it doesn't really effect me.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member

I used to think the same thing..... And was shocked when it was dark just as early in AL as it is up here in WI...

The sun itself is the same temperature no mater where you are at 5777 K (9941F)

should probably specified how far south.... as the parabolic bell curve of the sun's rays hit the US this time of year, you are correct, Wisconsin hits darkness about the same time as Florida, however we are lighter a bit earlier. best shown on this site https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/sunearth.html.

as you get towards the equator, sun-rise and sun-set are fairly constant irregardless of earth axis tilt due to orbit about the sun

WIMUSKY

Staff member
The sun itself is the same temperature no mater where you are at 5777 K (9941F)

:facepalm:

As far as the equator, agree, although it doesn't come into play with those of us who live in the states. And Canada, well...........:laugh: