I had a GREAT time tonight.......

Bob in Calif.

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Tonight I went to my 45th. high school reunion. It was PURRRRRRRFECT....In my opion it was the cream of the crop who who attented. It only lasted for 5 hours, but it was worth it for sure. It was a little pricey, but worth every dime of it.

I just had my 63rd. birthday yesterday, but tonight was really special. I told my youngest son two weeks go, who just turned 27, I was going to my 45th. high school reunion tonight. He asked why didn't we wait for the 50 year reunion instead. I told him, out of a class of 400+, there about 55 of my classmates have died already and there would be more old, good friends tonight than there will be 5 years from now. He thought for a minute, then his eyes turned glassy and he said, "I understand what you mean Dad."

Such is life son..................

Bob in Calif. Savoring the moment.

stan_deezy

Lieutenant Commander
Re: I had a GREAT time tonight.......

My old school holds a reunion every so often............in the local court! :D

In fact if I want to find out what some of my old classmates have been up to I just watch Crimewatch on television! :D

BTW, I know what you mean about the mortality issue: out of the twelve guys I got through basic training with, I'm the last one standing! :eek:

QC

Supreme Mariner

Awesome dude!!! Good on ya :)

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

My class had our 50th reunion a few years back. Bob's concern is valid. Out of a class of 40 (small school back then) there are 7 of us left. :(

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

Never went to one of those, during my time in school our family experienced the toughest times of their lives, its an era in which i find no pleasure to reminisce.

Glad that you had a good time at yours.:)

Tyme2fish

Commander

I went to my 40th back in July. I felt right at home ib a town I hadn't been in since the 30th reunion.

aspeck

Staff member

I just got a letter from my HS - they are honoring the 10-0-0 Football team of 30 years ago. I had to laugh when they told to meet at the club house and then when they called our name we could run (or walk) to the 50. My son wants me to go and he wants me to let him wheel me out in a wheel chair! HA!

Glad you had a great time at the reunion. They can be an awesome time - or the pits. Glad yours was great!

i386

Captain

I haven't been to any of mine and don't plan to. I still keep up with the folks I want to keep up with.

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Did my 30th earlier this year. Kind of a wast of time and money for me. I still keep in contact with some of the old classmates, thats who I ended up talking to all night in the end. Besides there were a bunch of old folks there.:p:D The fact I only did my last 3 years of high school there kind of plays into it. Not a lot of time to develop deep or multiple friendships like the lifers did.

QC

Supreme Mariner

Yeah LT, I split two years each at different schools too. I am probably closer to the first school gang as I also went 6 - 8th grade in that district. I guess I should check in though. It could be fun. I think the 30th is this year . . .

rolmops

Vice Admiral

I never did go to one tonight,but I did go to one last night and I have been to one this evening.....
Once I do some more work on my time machine,it might be possible that I too had a great time tonight.