I Finally did it...

cwcollins06

Seaman
All my buddies told me if I ran my boat for long enough I'd eventually hit something no matter how careful I was and either they're right or I'm not as careful as I thought I was. I was cruising down Canyon Lake yesterday and struck a floating log that had made it about 60 or 70 feet offshore. Never even saw it until after I hit it. Needless to say, there's a massive chunk out of one of my prop blades. My motor is a 1976 Johnson 85HP V4. The prop still spins freely and smoothly by hand with the lever in neutral and the boat on the trailer so I'm not real worried about any damage other than the prop. I plan to just match the OEM pitch and diameter 'cause I only use this boat for hanging out on the lake with family and a little tubing. Here's my question:

Every place I look lists a pile of small parts I should order along with my prop. I'd like to replace all the small parts I can as I do this since this prop has been on this motor for over 10 years (boat was in storage for awhile awaiting repairs after my grandfather died and it was given to me). Just what exactly should I be ordering along with my new prop? I'm looking at the Solas Amita 3 that's listed as a best seller here on iBoats. Thanks in advance for your help!

Bondo

Staff member
Re: I Finally did it...

All my buddies told me if I ran my boat for long enough I'd eventually hit something no matter how careful I was and either they're right or I'm not as careful as I thought I was. I was cruising down Canyon Lake yesterday and struck a floating log that had made it about 60 or 70 feet offshore. Never even saw it until after I hit it. Needless to say, there's a massive chunk out of one of my prop blades. My motor is a 1976 Johnson 85HP V4. The prop still spins freely and smoothly by hand with the lever in neutral and the boat on the trailer so I'm not real worried about any damage other than the prop. I plan to just match the OEM pitch and diameter 'cause I only use this boat for hanging out on the lake with family and a little tubing. Here's my question:

Every place I look lists a pile of small parts I should order along with my prop. I'd like to replace all the small parts I can as I do this since this prop has been on this motor for over 10 years (boat was in storage for awhile awaiting repairs after my grandfather died and it was given to me). Just what exactly should I be ordering along with my new prop? I'm looking at the Solas Amita 3 that's listed as a best seller here on iBoats. Thanks in advance for your help!

Ayuh,... Just order the prop size ya need, with the "Hub Kit" that matches yer motor, 'n ya oughta be Good to Go...