I don't think I know any women who would agree with this.

jinx

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Apparently the good professor had second thoughts about his job security and retracted this about 12 hours later.

You gotta wonder.

Jinx

PS Mods: If this crosses the line, even though it is an accurate article from the Jersusalem Post, feel free to kill it.

Egypt: Fatwa allows breast-feeding among adults
By ASSOCIATED PRESS
CAIRO, Egypt

Al-Azhar University, one of Sunni Islam's most prestigious institutions, ordered one of its clerics Monday to face a disciplinary panel after he issued a controversial decree allowing adults to breast-feed.

Ezzat Attiya had issued a fatwa, or religious edict, saying adult men could breast-feed from female work colleagues as a way to avoid breaking Islamic rules that forbid men and women from being alone together.

In Islamic tradition, breast-feeding establishes a degree of maternal relation, even if a woman nurses a child who is not biologically hers. It means the child could not marry the nursing woman's biological children.

Attiya - the head of Al-Azhar's Department of Hadith, or teachings of the Prophet Muhammad - insisted the same would apply with adults. He argued that if a man nursed from a co-worker, it would establish a family bond between them and allow the two to work side-by-side without raising suspicion of an illicit sexual relation.

rogerwa

Commander
Re: I don't think I know any women who would agree with this.

Hmm, sounds like a poor excuse to see whats under the burqa..

QC

Supreme Mariner

What? You've got a problem with that?

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Yet another reason to say WTF about Islamic law and it's leaders. :confused::confused::confused::(

jinx

With my luck Rosie would be my co worker.

rolmops

Vice Admiral

I think that this is the result of a highly theoretical discussion between scholars and certainly not the idea that 99.9% of Moslems ,be they male or female.
Moslems are no more sexually perverted than christians or jews or hindus and the same sex taboos we find in our society are predominant amongst Moslems.If anything, Moslems are a lot stricter in enforcing these taboos

jinx

Burqas, honor killings, denying education to women, enforced segregation, denying the right to travel unattended or to drive....yeah I'd say they are a bit stricter in enforcing taboos.

rogerwa

Commander

Hey don't forget the stonings... And the temporary marriages men can have to cheat without cheating.

Coors

Captain

Yep, temporary marriages. Read up on the cult, Rolmops, before you defend it.

rolmops

Vice Admiral

Yep, temporary marriages. Read up on the cult, Rolmops, before you defend it.

I did not defend it.I did claim that the professor was not representative of islamic culture.
Having lived in the middle east for 28 years,I do claim to know a bit more about Islam than the average heartland American. I also agree that there is a lot in that culture that makes me want to puke.

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

...Having lived in the middle east for 28 years....

This explains a lot.

Regardless, it sure sounded like you were defending it to me. I would expect nothing less of you.

Coors

Captain

I did not defend it.I did claim that the professor was not representative of islamic culture.
Having lived in the middle east for 28 years,I do claim to know a bit more about Islam than the average heartland American. I also agree that there is a lot in that culture that makes me want to puke.

Okay, I understand.

jinx

Usually there is not much humor in extremism, but this one I found hilarious--as well as a pretty disturbing symptom.

I kinda hope the thread stays a bit light-hearted.

What I have found after being in Turkey, Indonesia and India (with a gigantic Moslem minority) is that today's attitudes in the Moslem world do not match at all the hospitality I encountered 20 years ago. Something has indeed gone terribly wrong with the mindset.

Jinx

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Does the woman actually have to be lactating for it to be considered breast feeding??

studlymandingo

Commander

"Excuse me Ms. Al-Hidad, my coffee is a bit strong; would you mind?​

Does the woman actually have to be lactating for it to be considered breast feeding??

Whoa!!! That certainly takes it to a different level!!!​

studlymandingo

Commander

Maybe they should open a few Hooters over there!​

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

I believe that cleric Ezzat Attiya is trying to curcumvent Islamic edicts to fit his perversion, this behaviour is quite common, it also happens in many main stream religions.
The danger is when folks blindly allow themselves to be deluded by these nut jobs.

ricksrster

Commander

The Islamic women should stay home where they belong. No more problems. More men can get jobs to finance Jihad.