I bought a boat!

ml8163

Seaman
Re: I bought a boat!

GOOD NEWS!! The boat shop called me back and said that the bellows where soft and couldn't see any cracks or tears. Also, they said they checked the gimbal ring and bearing when the changed the fluids in the lower unit and everything looked fine. So they recommended that I hold off. Saves me $660 bucks for now...:D

Nandy

Commander

That is great news! I hope you enjoy your new ride. It sounds like a real steal, why dont I find any of those! ;)

Jerico

Petty Officer 1st Class

Awesome looking boat. Congrats, I'm sure you'll have a great time with it. It looks amazingly like my '87 Fabuglas inside and out. The only major difference I see is mine has the double seat on the driver's side instead of the bucket. :)

You're lucky on the bellows, but will want to keep an eye on them and watch for leaks inside. I did the bellows on mine myself last year. Time consuming, but I saved about $500 by doing it myself.

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

Sorry Nandy,i missed your advice on winterizing,,,:rolleyes:

ml8163

Seaman

Thanks Gary - I'll check into the Poli-Glow.

I'm thinking that once I get some time with the boat, get used to it, and have a chance to learn it's inner workings, I'll be comfortable with performing the lower unit overall myself and save some cash.

I've always been a do-it-your-selfer... That way you know what you've got. No one takes more pride in someones posessions (car, boat, etc), than the owner.

atomictaco

Cadet

Welcome to the board ml, looks like you got a good deal. Maybe we will run into each other on the lake this summer (figuratively of course). I am in the Knoxville area too.

ml8163

Seaman

Hey Atomictaco! That would be great! Oak Ridge is very close to me. I live off of Lovell. What kind of boat to you have and where do you like to go?